cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are Emoticons/Smileys in LG Optimus G Keyboard (not in Messenging)??

5 REPLIES
Master

Re: Where are Emoticons/Smileys in LG Optimus G Keyboard (not in Messenging)??

hopefloats-53

thank you for posting your feedback. Your input is well appreciated. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I beg your pardon?  What?

Journeyman

There are no emoticons in the stock keyboard on the LG Optimus G. 

They are, however, built into the Swype+Dragon keyboard app in the Google Play Store.

One can click the emoticon button once for a simple smiley.  Holding it brings up the entire list of all emoticons.  You can also use Swype to synchronize your personal dictionary and spelling database across all devices that use the app, including tablets, phones, etc.

Journeyman

i went threw that when in message got to bottom were the 3 lines are push on it it is in there good luck

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't believe the emoticon option is available for the other stock apps like email and web browser but only in the stock messaging app. You could always just make your own faces with the symbols.

Journeyman

Where are Emoticons/Smileys in LG Optimus G Keyboard (not in Messenging)??

Does anyone know if there's a menu for entering pre-formed emoticons/smileys in the LG Optmus G keyboard for general use? 

I already know smileys are built into the Android/LG Messenging app on the phone (Menu->Insert Smiley) but how the heck does one enter smileys quickly in OTHER apps, such as regular e-mails or web forms?  I once accidentally got the spell checker to suggest a list of emoticons but haven't been able to reproduce whatever it was I did to get that to occur.

It's supposed to be a button in the default Android 4.0 keyboard, but I can't get an emoticon button back on the keyboard.