Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Who's received the OTA?

Just updated in STL via Google services framework method

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

I am in Massachusetts, just got it a few hours ago so hopefully the rollout has started for real.

Highlighted
Journeyman

San Francisco, got the update this morning.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have not received any update here in Tampa Florida. I was an early adopter of the Optimus G as I purchased it on the first day available with Sprint. The first one sold in the company owned store. nope I already apparently to any early adopters, and I tried to manually update too. 😞

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just downloaded the OTA using Google Framework Services workaround.  Clear the Cache, Data and the Force Stop.

I initially cleared only the Cache and Data but that didn't work.  It was only after I also Force Stop that the OTA finally pushed through.

~Houston, TX.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got it here in Pittsburgh about 20 mins ago vis forcing. It's so so lol

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you IVANDRAG067.  Going to try it now as it still won't update through the way suggested by Sprint, the manual way under sysyem update as it still says no firware update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfortunaely the Google Framework Service work around failed to get the upload process going. Guess I'll just wait a lil longer since it seems to be spoty the updated firmware from what I'm reading.

Highlighted
Wizard

TampaMichael,

Thanks for posting and I now you're waiting patiently for the update. We will be pushing the update in waves to avoid congestion and errors at the server. We appreciate the patience and it shouldn't be that much more of a wait, thank you!

Andrew B.

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you Andrew.  I'm pleasantly surprised and very pleased with you taking the initiative to provide premier customer support.  Sprint needs to retain you and give you and make you a trainer.  Hope they value you cause you have just made me a happy customer by responding with an answer.  I will reply when I get the update, but now patiently waiting for my turn to upgrade. 

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Larryt1971 - thanks for bringing to our attention that Android 4.2 is displayed on our Support LG Optimus G page. I have submitted a request to update that page with Android 4.1.

Thanks again and apologize for any confusion this may have caused,

Blue

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Just got the update in pensacola florida . by using the google framework workaround but i had to disable it and renable it before it started downloading. SO HAPPY!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat