cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the delayed rollout?

Journeyman

Why the delayed rollout?

It seems the JB excitement is becoming anticlimactic.

Any idea why so many have yet to receive the OTA?

I would prefer an official answer,  so if your just going to tell us how hard your working and to be patient then save it.   My reply will be as follows "why did you release the update info if you needed more time".

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Why the delayed rollout?

opt1mus-

Hello and thanks so much for expressing your concern! It can generally take up to 10 days for you to receive the update as the update is sent out in waves. The update started rolling out on 03/07/2013. I'm sure it'll get to you soon.

Hang in there!

William

Journeyman

This is what i was told in a chat earlier that i will have to wait untill the end of the month.

Journeyman

It makes sprint look bad for a reply like this to appear in its forums. We cannot believe you when you say you are sure it will reach us soon because the argument you use as a basis for your certainty is faulty at best and a lie at worst. It is widely known that this update is NOT actually rolling out in waves or even ripples.

USRFRNL33-

I'm sorry you feel that the information I've provided is inaccurate. The information I pulled is from one of our official Community posts in regards to software updates for the LG Optimus G, which is available via, http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/lg/lg_optimus_g/blog/.... There is a possibility that it could take a bit longer, or less even, but we do try our best to meet the 10 day goal.

Thanks for the reply,

William

Journeyman

Hey William what do you know about this

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_LG_Optimus_G/...Smiley Very Happy

Can you confirm this as correct?

Journeyman

6 days into the 10 day rollout and yet nobody on any of the following forums seems to have received the update yet (other than a handful that received a leaked version before the announcement)

Sprint Community

XDA

androidforums.com

forums.androidcentral.com

Please escalate to management and let them know that paying customers are getting tired of the BS.

PS - All I want is some accurate information... If I have to wait until July, I won't like it, but I prefer to know what the intent is.

Journeyman

All this hype started with the leaked version on XDA.  Unfortunately,  that forum doesn't play well with others.  If your not rooting or deving they're not interested.  They even closed the OTA thread because it was ruling the general forum.  Haha

I personally have no interest in rooting, spending hours flashing,  rebooting,  asking devs tons of questions about why things aren't working properly only to end up reinstalling back to the original or worse,  bricking.  Not worth my time or energy.

What I do prefer is getting the sauce on the great JB conspiracy of 2013.

Come on William,  any word on the linked info I posted yesterday? 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat