cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youtube app won't work when not connected to wifi

Journeyman

Re: Youtube app won't work when not connected to wifi

Did the hard reset of the phone back to factory condition. Unfortunately this did not solve the problem.

No I am not going to take the phone to a repair center. There's nothing wrong with the phone itself. It's the apps. I have tested it on three of these phones and they all do the same thing.

Master

smotrs,

Thanks for the post. If you have any questions or concerns, please keep me posted. I'm here to help.

Laurel
Sprint Social Care
Master

Larryt1971,
If the app itself is not working then there is not much that we can do to correct that outside of uninstalling the app and resetting the phone. Like you stated other phones are having the issue so its only a matter of time until they come up with a fix. You will receive it with an app update or the app will work as normal.
Rayon
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

same here, I've given up on that app.

I'll use the LG browser to watch YouTube, works without a hitch every time.

but getting the click links to work is another story.

Keeping my powder dry for the Nexus X release on Sprint, if it happens in October.  Otherwise the M8 or the G3. 

Honestly, the G has worked for me, but it's definitely not been well supported.   That makes me leery of any future LG purchases.  But that stupid M8 camera just turns me OFF.

grr....

Master

Phreddo,

As recommended above, I would go into the Google Play Store and uninstall the updates and then try using the application again. If you get a specific error code, please let me know. I am here for you and want to help!

*Andi R.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Yes this is an easy fix by uninstalling the updates and going back to the factory version.  However you then have to set your play store app to not auto update any apps.  Otherwise it will keep reverting back to the latest version that's no good.

Highlighted
Master

Larryt1971 Thank you for the post. If you have any questions or concerns please let us know. - MitzieSprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat