cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

earphones not pausing/ starting music player

Highlighted
Journeyman

earphones not pausing/ starting music player

A few months back I connected my earphones to my Optimus G for the first time and discovered that they didn't pause the music player. Instead it opens the phone keypad with one click of the button and if I hold the button down it opens the voice command. I had the Sprint repair center look at it and they said the phone was fine the problem was in the OS. I have tried different earphones and Headphones with Optimus G and get the same result mentioned above. Tried the 2 display Optimus G's at the Sprint store with my earphones and the store headphones with the same result so It doesn't appear to be an isolated issue. anyone else have this problem or solution?

Message was edited by: teknoclash

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: earphones not pausing/ starting music player

I don't use wired headphones, but I have three different bluetooth devices that I use regularly and the buttons on them actuate the music player correctly.

I've used the stock music player, but the Fusion Music Player (free, with no ads) from the Market is superior in every way and I highly recommend it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The tech at the sprint repair store linked his blue tooth headset to my phone and it worked but I dont want to use them. I can listen to music I just have to pull the phone out of my pocket to pause. Not really a big deal its just odd that it doesn't work on this phone.

Highlighted

teknoclash

That is interesting and I would like to assist and just get a few more answers.

First, what headphones are you using? Did the come with the device? Also are you trying to stop and play music via the music player on the device?

I have an Android device as well. I tested this out, and when I input my own headphones, it will start and play music on my device. However, the music is played through my third party music player. This was my own personal experience.

Zena 

Social Media Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

V-Moda. Its not the earphones. I can pause/ play music using the phone just not the button on the earphones.I have tried many different earphones and get the same results. I found two more post online that have the same issue.

Highlighted
Wizard

teknoclash

It appears to be device-specific. Thanks for the heads up.

Ruth E

Social Care Team

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat