cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jelly bean?

Journeyman

jelly bean?

Was wondering if anyone has found out which version of jelly bean this phone will be updated to? Also when? The best I have read is early 2013. This phone is great, but there are a few that hopefully an update could improve; The camera, and the fact that the phone kicks me out of the stock browser every now andthen. Please sprint & LG don't keep me waiting too long.

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: jelly bean?

HaLo17...

Wondering the samething myself!

This is getting a bit frustrating ...

I just would like to hear something??

Tell us its Xmas 2013!! (Not really)

You get my point..

Idk where else to check?

Journeyman

In my opinion, this is the worst part of buying LG products. The support isn't the best.

But honestly, we should ask this to LG not Sprint since vendor decides when the next software version is ready for distribution. All Sprint does is distributes it.

Journeyman

LG said Q4 2012 aka December last time I checked. Knowing LG most likely Janurary-February...or NEVER!

Journeyman

I was on xda forums and for the sprint version it said 4.1.X, can't remember which exactly, as the os. I know that it isn't so official but. kinda hoping for 4.2. Side note: can anyone recommend a nice weekend case? I use the otter box for work, but it keeps my phone too warm when I play games so I want to he able to slap on a thinner, one layer case.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Back again with same question!! !!

I have tried LG website....ouch! NOTHING THERE!

REALLY at a x-road here...

Can anyone give me some good news regarding update?? ?

From what I am reading in forums....I believe this update could solve alot of other users issues!! ?

Sprint...... Anyone...? Please!!

Thanks All!

Journeyman

On xda forums today and some people received  ota update for their Sprint LGOG !?

Not much info posted yet as to what the update contains...

Anyone get anything on this end?

Journeyman

Looks like it's just going to be some bug fixes. Not sure what it fixes though. Hopefully for the browser, the occasional home screen hiccup, and the volume problem when playing songs, videos, and games. I wouldn't update just yet though. It seems people are really trying to get devs onto this device. Once they get here it might become worth it to root and flash the upcoming roms. Can't do that if you update. Thanks for the post sprntgek. From what I read it didn't seem to be an ota update, you had to install through the LG software tool. I searched for ls970zv9 but nothing promising came out for a jellybean update.

Journeyman

Thanks for the info HaLo17...

.  bugs fixes good...at least we know LG is doing "something" as far as support!!

That's good! JB shouldn't be far behind!  Actually my device is working great as is...

I should be careful for what I wish for....

You still liking your LGOG??

Journeyman

This phone is great, even with all the little bugs. Looks like the Korean model has its jelly bean update. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jInp...e_gdata_player it looks like it has some cool new features. Hopefully next month we see our update. The link was posted in one of the xda threads.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat