cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lg optimus g intermittently will not receive text or phone call

Highlighted
Journeyman

lg optimus g intermittently will not receive text or phone call

optimus g worked fine for 6 months, then for past month will just stop receiving texts and phone calls every few hours. started during same timeframe as tower LTE upgrade in area.    reboot phone will clear problem temporarily, also moving to a different tower.  updating profile/prl does not help. set back to cdma, disabled wifi - doesn't help. replaced phone, same problem. switched back to old optimus s and it seems to work fine.

customer support and local sprint store both unable to do anything or even suggest a solution.  still waiting to hear back from level 3 network support. 

any ideas out there?

21 REPLIES 21
Master

Re: lg optimus g intermittently will not receive text or phone call

Eddishaw,

Thanks for the post, my apologies for the issue. Is your area currently undergoing Network vision upgrades? If so, we understand that the upgrades can cause temporary service impairments, however this is a first that I hear about this issue. Mind sharing your nearest cross street and zip code? Also, did the store performed a manufacturer's reset on your device? 

Eduardo 

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I did hard reset, no difference.  phone replace no difference.  level 3 network allowed me to upgrade to galaxy s4, same problem.  spoke with airave people yesterday and they are well aware of this problem relating to the lte upgrade, which is supposedly complete in my area.  I switched my s4 back to cdma and so far that seems to be helping with this phone where it did not with the optimus g.  they also placed another trouble call with local folks.  I will continue to work with them as they are also looking into airave elibigility for me, tho it is not clear if it would fix this particular problem.  have lived in same house for 8 years and although it doesn't get strong signal, I have always been able to make and receive calls without problem.  boththe airave and level 3 people have been both helpful and understand the problem.   I am a 10 year sprint customer and did not appreciate being bounced back and forth between customer care and local store when I am paying $100/month for service that I am not receiving.  that's when I opened this thread.  since then, I have been able to get to level 3 and airave and the customer support in both places has been excellent.  I have run help desks and understand that level one people have to be gate keepers to some extent and follow rules, but after something like 15 calls/dropins I was finally reduced to screaming and hanging up or walking out - angry enough to consider buying out my contract and leaving Sprint.  Instead I reinstalled a landline which I hadn't had in years because I could no longer trust sprint.

but I am finished venting now and so far so good with my s4 as long as I stay aware from LTE.

Master

@customer1111111-

Hello! I just wanted to check in with you to see if you've noticed any improvements over the past month or so? You can obtain all of the latest information on our network upgrades by heading over to, www.sprint.com/network.

Thanks for being so patient with us! I know it isn't easy.

Regards,

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

someone finally fixed something with the network. No idea what because nothing was ever communicated back from the problem reports enteredand supposedly all the network upgrade had been completed. but one day it just suddenly stopped so somebody did something

Master

I'm glad to hear you're back up and running!

Let us know if anything else happens.

William

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

My phone is doing this exact same thing! It's really starting to piss me off! Did you ever find a permanent solution? I'm tired of resetting the phone

Master

MzMariMack,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I don't like to hear that you're having issues with your phone. How long has this been going on? Can I get your zip & cross streets to check out the towers in your area? I look forward to hearing back from you.

*Liz
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have an LG Optimus G and am having the same issue with sudden periods of not receiving text messages from April to June 2014.  There was an entire 2 month period where I did not receive a single text message!!!  This problem appears to be random and has not been solved after 3 rounds of calling Sprint customer service.  Per Sprint customer service representative, the periods in which I was experiencing poor service did not coincide with network upgrades in my region.  In addition, the problem was not solved by soft & hard resets, or profile & PRL updates.

I am seriously considering switching carriers once my contract expires in the next few months.  I pay too much money for this low level of service.

Master

j_trevino

I don't want to see you go! Have you taken the device in for a checkup? If not, it might be a good idea, just to make sure it's functioning properly. Visit: www.sprint.com/storelocator to find a nearby service and repair center.

- Robin W
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Liz,

This has been going on for about a week as far as I know. I called customer service and she did something, then I received about 30 texts all at once that I haven't been receiving. It's from multiple numbers/carriers. It keeps on happening then all of a sudden I get a bunch of texts come through all at once. I'm in Augusta, GA and cross streets are Berckman Road and Washington Road.

I keep having to reset the phone and send test messages which takes forever to come through if they come through at all. Why should I have to do all that to receive text messages or wonder if my phone is acting right to receive them? Should I just take it to a store? It hasn't been dropped or had any water damage or anything.

Master

MzMariMack

Thanks for the information. I don't blame you for being frustrated. I reviewed the tower and I see some abnormal readings, so I've reported it. It take about 72 hours for techs to investigate, so please keep us posted. It may not be a bad idea to have the phone looked at to rule out any phone issues. You can visit www.sprint.com/storelocator to find the nearest repair center to you.

- Robin W
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat