cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

on going issues since ZVC update

Journeyman

on going issues since ZVC update

LG Optimus G purchased new in July 2013

keep getting the message: google services has stopped.

Then no gmail notifications. Very frustrating since I am self-employed and rely on the phone for client email notifications.

Prior to ZVC, the phone worked great.

I know google has updated many apps, so possible conflict there?

Will a factory reset help?

Will ZVC remain after the reset?

Any other ideas?

JB 4.1.2

never rooted, all stock

Apps are LG supplied, or google issued, except for: feedly, xia, jorte, craigslist & overdrive media.

Thanks,

Glenn

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: on going issues since ZVC update

Glenn-CO,

Thanks for the post. Sorry to hear about your issues with the Gmail. Have you taken the device to a Service and Repair? I have not heard anything within any of our avenues. Have you gone into settings to see if the Gmail options are changed?

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

thanks for the reply.

Sorry for not mentioning the problem is intermittent (with google services shutting down). Sometimes multiple times per day, then fine for a while. Rebooting clears it up, briefly.

Seems like clearing cache alleviates the problem. But perhaps a coincidence?

If I perform a factory reset will ZVC remain?

Glenn

Wizard

Glenn,

Thanks, Yes, any updates will stay. I have helped a lot of people that wanted to go back to previous updates. Not something that can be reversed.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

it appears every time I use the headphone jack google services stops. And I have to reboot to get email notifications.

Anyone else having this problem?

Any known fixes (other than rebooting after every use of the headphone jack)?

Glenn

LGOG purchased new July 2013

JB 4.1.2

never rooted

all stock or google apps except: feedly, xia, jorte,craigslist & overdrive media

On another topic, I cannot copy/paste messages into this forum from windows 8.1 IE 11

Master

Glenn-CO,

Thanks for your reply and apologies on the delay in getting back to you. Have you since rectified the issues you raised in your last post? Have you visited a service and repair center with the device? Please let me know. Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat