cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10/3 - LG Optimus S - revert from Gingerbread to Froyo

Wizard

As a temporary solution to the issues with the Gingerbread update, we are making available the ability to revert back to the

Froyo software (LS670ZVD).   As issues are not being experienced by all customers, this is an optional update that is available

only as a manual download.  The update can be applied by the customer or by your nearest Service & Repair center

This update will erase all customer data.  It is highly recommended that you backup your data prior to performing the update. 

How do I backup my information on an Android handset?

Backing up your Android Phone

To backup only your contacts:

Export Contacts: Open Contacts > Press Menu > Import/Export > Export Contacts > Press OK at the pop-up

Import Contacts (after the software update): Open Contacts > Press Menu > Import/Export > Import Contacts > Import All vCard files

To revert to the Froyo Software: 

- Fully charge the device

- Go to Menu > Settings > SD Card & Phone Storage to ensure an SD card is in the device 

- Using your computer, go to the download page, select More Details, and follow the instructions provided

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - fixed broken links

57 REPLIES 57
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks,

Worked great. When the good Gingerbread comes out, will we have an option to upgrade?

Thanks

Wizard

Absolutely!

Journeyman

woohoo! It worked!

THANKS!!!!

Journeyman

Please define what all "customaer data" involves.

Journeyman

Yay! I immediately rolled back after I saw this post. Although my phone wasn't having any major issues after the update but the UI is just SO ugly and I don't really see any added features! Looks much better now!

Journeyman

dshoem01 wrote:

This update will erase all customer data.  It is highly recommended that you backup your data prior to performing the update. 

How do I backup my information on an Android handset? 

Backing up your Android Phone

Links are not working.

Wizard

Here is a link to a Blog post that should work - it contains information on the backup process on an Android device. Not sure what's up with the original links.

Journeyman

Thanks for posting the Froyo rollback instructions and download file!  I was able to successfully roll my phone back to 2.2.  The phone is now charging like it used to, which is a big relief.  The sd card unmounting issue is now resolved. 

However, I do have one problem still unresolved.  I still can not establish a USB connection between the phone and the computer.  I was able to do the rollback by downloading the update zip file onto my sdcard directly through my cardreader on the computer, reinstalling the card on the phone, and reflashing from there.  I have downloaded all the LG drivers direct from the LG website, and still can not establish a connection even after a reboot of the computer, reboot of the phone, and a new reinstall of 2.2.  Any solutions to this problem?

Journeyman

cant get revert to work. Getting a signature verification failed and it won't install. Phone will not boot up after GB update had to put update.zip on sd card using another phone then put sd card back in optimus but its a no go.

Any help?

Master

vtsteve11 wrote:

cant get revert to work. Getting a signature verification failed and it won't install. Phone will not boot up after GB update had to put update.zip on sd card using another phone then put sd card back in optimus but its a no go.

Any help?

Sounds like a bad firmware file download. I would recommend deleting the file you downloaded previously and redownloading it again, something likely got corrupted in the download process. The file at the link does work and the source is not corrupted, it's the same file we use in the repair stores.

Journeyman

Last night I went to the Sprint store to have my phone reverted back to the old operating system 2.2.2. When she brought it out I tested it by adding a new contact, it worked! I was so happy and assured that this had fixed my phone, my feelings towards Sprint were much more possitive. When I got home I was attempting to set up my phone, but I couldn't set up my gmail account because it was showing I had no data. I went into the Sprint Zone and the voice was working but not data, I played around a bit and did a 3G diagnostic and got my data working. Started setting up my phone, noticed the calendar information from before upgrade was in my phone, was happy about that. I tried to assign my husband a private ringtone but it didn't work (issue I had after recent corrupt upgrade to 2.3.3). I decided that if that was all that was wrong, I could live with it. Woke up this morning and checked my phone, it was on! I decided to save the Sprint store number in my phone. It did not work! I decided to try something. I went to import contacts and choose the one that was saved yesterday, it said I had 167 contacts, whereas in my phone it said 156. I watched it load and saw all the numbers I had tried to save unsuccessfully, but after loading it still was showing only 156 in my phoneSmiley Sad Same problem I had after recent corrupt upgrade. Seems like all these fixes are not fixing the problem, at least not permenantly.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat