cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10/3 - LG Optimus S - revert from Gingerbread to Froyo

Journeyman

I thought it was just me .  I'm on my third phone from sprint because it won't charge.  I don't understand all this up date and why it would cause the charger not to work.  It sure must be getting expensive to sprint.  Glad I have insurance.  Now how do it get my photos to SD card so I can put everything on  new (probably used) phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can someone please tell me where I find the update.zip file?  I can't find it anywhere!

"Open the folder to view files on your device and place "update.zip" from your desktop onto your SD card."

Journeyman

Deannasue12:  You have to download it to your computer from Sprint's website.  Look under the download section for Optimus S phones (in support).  Then you need to connect your phone by USB cable to your computer and copy it to your SD card. 

Of course, your phone may or may not connect by USB to your computer, because that is one of the things that Gingerbread screwed up!

Also, your phone may or may not be charged up enough, because Gingerbread screwed that up, too!

And many of us (including me) have found that even after the downgrade to Froyo, our phones still have problems.

Alternatively, you can go to the Sprint store and ask them to do the downgrade, but they will probably try to soak you for $35 and tell you that you should have purchased insurance on your phone to protect it the next time Sprint breaks it for you. 

Good luck. 

Ken

Journeyman

Thanks Ken - not to sound like an idiot but I did download the drivers and I still don't see update.zip as one of the options. Do I download the entire file from

LGALS670.zip (13.9MB)  to my phone?

Journeyman

Deannasue12:  Here's the link to get the update.zip file. 

http://www6.sprint.com/downloads/android/executables/update.zip

Journeyman

Thank you Ken! I'm gonna try it now.  This new update sucks!  Me, my husband, my daughter and three of my friends all have the same phone and we're all having issues since the last update.  Fingers crossed this works

Journeyman

Re: 10/3 - LG Optimus S - revert from Gingerbread to Froyo

Is anyone else still having battery life problems after reverting to Froyo? I am.
I thought everything was working well, and managed to get my bluetooth linked again, but now I am AGAIN having shortened battery life.  Oddly enough, the battery life fell off the cliff again after I swapped batteries with my daughter's 'unreverted/gingerbread/moderate list of problems' Optimus S.

I will try swapping batteries back, and reverting her phone. Any other suggestions? Any ideas why the gingerbread update makes a battery go rogue?

Journeyman

Has anything been done to correct the Gingerbread update?  This update has been out for a long time and there has been plenty of time for a new update to be released. 

Journeyman

I have had the same issues only over the phone. I think when I called I got some new hire, very first call ever employee on the line.  Took me almost 15 minutes to get her to realize that when I said "my phone won't charge using a USB port anymore" I didn't mean that either "my phone won't charge" or "my computer doesn't recognize the USB cable.  She said there weren't any issues with not charging through the USB port and I needed to update my profile on the phone...they need more training.

Journeyman

Here is an update on my particular phone: I called customer service and they suggested I go to a local service center to have my phone diagnosed. The tech person there uninstalled/reinstalled the Froyo on my phone, and now everything seems to work fine. Their best guess is that the revert didn't 'take' completely when I did it myself following directions from a custmer service rep over the phone. Since the phone could not connect properly to the internet, it was always 'searching' and sucking down the battery.

In any case, my phone IS working now and the battery life is as good or better than when I first got it almost one year ago.

I have another LG Optimus for my daughter and will be taking it to that tech ASAP. (She lost it at a friend's house, but found it!)

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.