cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10/3 - LG Optimus S - revert from Gingerbread to Froyo

Journeyman

I have had the same issues only over the phone. I think when I called I got some new hire, very first call ever employee on the line.  Took me almost 15 minutes to get her to realize that when I said "my phone won't charge using a USB port anymore" I didn't mean that either "my phone won't charge" or "my computer doesn't recognize the USB cable.  She said there weren't any issues with not charging through the USB port and I needed to update my profile on the phone...they need more training.

Journeyman

Here is an update on my particular phone: I called customer service and they suggested I go to a local service center to have my phone diagnosed. The tech person there uninstalled/reinstalled the Froyo on my phone, and now everything seems to work fine. Their best guess is that the revert didn't 'take' completely when I did it myself following directions from a custmer service rep over the phone. Since the phone could not connect properly to the internet, it was always 'searching' and sucking down the battery.

In any case, my phone IS working now and the battery life is as good or better than when I first got it almost one year ago.

I have another LG Optimus for my daughter and will be taking it to that tech ASAP. (She lost it at a friend's house, but found it!)

Journeyman

This is all great but what if you can't read any sd card period. how are you supposed to go back. I have bought new sd cards, tried old ones, reformatted them and many other options, you get what you pay for I guess. Cheap phone, gold level premier rug pulled out from under you with no warning, close to ten years customer satifaction is disappearing quickly. Ever since the update I have had sd card issues and finally, the phone will not read any at all. the closest corporate store is 40 mi away so thats 80 miles roundtrip to see if what they can do will maybe fix it. The mall kiosk employees are incompitant and no help. 340 something days till upgrade now that no gold status anymore, thanks sprint.

Journeyman

Wow, PrimaryCarbon, I can understand why you are mad. And your local Sprint store is not helpful. Keep calling customer service.

Did you try the instructions to download the new drivers in order to read the SD card? I know I could not read my SD card prior to that step. (If I didn't read your post well enough, and you have already tried this - I apologize.) I think the instructions are at the beginning of this thread.

Best wishes to get running again.

Journeyman

Re: 10/3 - LG Optimus S - revert from Gingerbread to Froyo

I would love to be able to revert to froyo. However, I CANNOT FULLY CHARGE MY PHONE in order to do so. When it's off and I plug it in (as suggested by YOUR workaround), IT AUTOMATICALLY TURNS THE PHONE ON BUT DOESN'T CHARGE IT.

And, not to mention, the call volume is ridiculously loud. It's so loud, in fact, that my SPEAKERS ARE BLOWN.

Also, predictive text is gone.

I PAY $80 FOR MY PHONE EVERY MONTH. WHY DOESN'T IT WORK!!!?

Sprint will lose me as a customer.

Journeyman

To anyone with charging issues a cheap work round is this item:

Motorola SPN5504/SKN5004A micro-USB Home and Travel Charger

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-SPN5504-SKN5004A-micro-USB-Charger/dp/B004EYSKM8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&q...

Cost me $5 and allowed me to charge my wifes phone.

Is it lame that we have to spend our own money as a work around? YES, but atleast you can then use the phone and it is cheap.

Just trying to make the best of a bad situation I guess.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If I have version 2.3.3 does that mean the guy at the Sprint store didn't actually do a factory reset on my phone?  Do I need to install the older version to hoopefully correct my issues?

Journeyman

cscarpati,

A factory reset does not change the Android version from 2.3 to 2.2 or viceversa. If you are still having problems with the Android 2.3 version, I would suggest to follow the instructions given by the owner of this thread, and by doing so you could revert your Android 2.3 to Android 2.2.

Hope this helps.

scroll2099

cscarpati wrote:

If I have version 2.3.3 does that mean the guy at the Sprint store didn't actually do a factory reset on my phone?  Do I need to install the older version to hoopefully correct my issues?

Journeyman

LG Optimus = WORST PHONE EVER

Sprint Customer Service = WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE

Sprint Network = WORST NETWORK

They keep tellling me what I have to do to fix their "temporary" problem (now 4 months temporary). But it doesn't fix it.

Journeyman

On Friday, after discovering that I had the "Update Voicemail" issue on my phone ("not enough space", despite deleting almost every app I'd downloaded), I found that reverting to Froyo would help. Having missed the simplicity of Froyo, I decided to give it a shot and followed the instructions found here.

Since then, however, my phone freezes up at least once every two hours, to the point that I have to do a battery pull/power cycle just to get it to work again (which seems to kill my battery very quickly). Many of my apps have become EXTREMELY laggy (TweetCaster being the worst offender), often taking up to three minutes to load and/or update. The battery loses charge much quicker than it EVER did before. I didn't have ANY major problems with anything like this in Gingerbread, and I doubt the Voicemail issue is worth this.

Is there a way to go BACK to Gingerbread (2.3.3), or am I stuck with this terrible OS until Sprint finally releases a Gingerbread update?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat