cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10/3 - LG Optimus S - revert from Gingerbread to Froyo

Journeyman

This is an 84MB download, or in terms of Sprint's overage charges: $4.20. Will a customer be compensated for downloading this or will dowloads and access to Sprint.com not count towards the 5GB "bucket?"

Journeyman

Crossing fingers and toes and eyes.......phone is at the Sprint store being converted back to the oringinal software....I hope it works.  I'm so frustrated with a phone that does not work all because of an "update".  This is the LAST LG phone I will EVER own. I can't wait for my upgrade in February. 

Journeyman

dshoem01 wrote:

As a temporary solution to the issues with the Gingerbread update, we are making available the ability to revert back to the

Froyo software (LS670ZVD).   As issues are not being experienced by all customers, this is an optional update that is available

only as a manual download.  The update can be applied by the customer or by your nearest Service & Repair center

This update will erase all customer data.  It is highly recommended that you backup your data prior to performing the update. 

How do I backup my information on an Android handset? 

Backing up your Android Phone

To backup only your contacts:

Export Contacts: Open Contacts > Press Menu > Import/Export > Export Contacts > Press OK at the pop-up

Import Contacts (after the software update): Open Contacts > Press Menu > Import/Export > Import Contacts > Import All vCard files

To revert to the Froyo Software: 

- Fully charge the device

- Go to Menu > Settings > SD Card & Phone Storage to ensure an SD card is in the device 

- Using your computer, go to the download page, select More Details, and follow the instructions provided

ok...so let me get this straight...

- Fully charge the device

• Can't do that because since the update there is not a charger of any variety (usb, wall, car) that will fully charge my device. It will not charge more than 80%.

- Go to ... ensure an SD card is in the device

• Ok, easy enough.

- Using your computer, ... follow the instructions provided

• Is it safe to assume that I will need to connect my device to my computer via usb? If so, my computer does not recognize my device via usb, and PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD do not ask me to download the drivers, because I have tried that at least a dozen times and it does not work for me.

At this point, I hate my phone and what Sprint and LG have done to it.

The Sprint stores in my area must be retarded or not informed by the higher Sprint powers about what is going on because I have had absolutely no luck whatsoever getting a replacement phone, not to mention when I mention my issues since the upgrade (primarily not charging properly) they look at me as if they have no idea what language I'm speaking.

Journeyman

LEONAPADGET1

Have you called Sprint ans asked them about a Corporate store nearest to you? If they can't help you you should email Dan@sprint.com. They should be able to contact a store for you and get you an appointment for a  replacement phone. Best of luck.

Journeyman

I had a question. We have two phones and no significant problems with the 2.3.3 update. We’ve always had missing sd card issues even on 2.2.2. The most significant Gingerbread issues we have are loss of word prediction on android keyboard and GPS location has difficulty pinpointing exact location in maps and navigation now. We never had GPS problems with Froyo.

Now that there is the option to revert to Froyo, is the Gingerbread update on the Optimus phones still going to be supported? Will LG still work on an update to fix the known Gingerbread issues? We like the Gingerbread update and would prefer to keep 2.3.3 on our phones as long as it will be supported.

Journeyman

Have you installed the new drivers on your computer? They can be found here:

http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/LG-LS670-Purple.jsp under Resources > Downloads > Driver

Or try this link....

http://www.lg.com/us/products/documents/LGAndroidDriver_WHQL_ML_Ver_1.0_All_Win7.exe

Journeyman

Not working on mine yet....really getting frustrated. tried all the fixes , been to the stores, worked with tech support. refused the Zio or intercept they offer in trade. Anyone else actually getting any help from Sprint?

Wizard

Yes, LG is working on a new Gingerbread software load and devices on Froyo or the latest Gingerbread release will be eligible to receive it when it's available.  You have the option of remaining on the latest Gingerbread update or the Froyo update...both will be considered 'current' software for support purposes.

Journeyman

Whatever...  I had this done in the Sprint store and I am four days later with the same issues.  I've been with Sprint for over 10 years and this is the worst phone I have ever had.  Sprint's solution is for me to drive the phone 45 minutes out of my way to have it looked at.  I have only had the phone for 10.5 months, so no upgrade.  If I had the insurance the store would replace my phone...  I didn't know I needed insurance for an update Sprint did.  I was told by customer service that maybe I did something to my phone and this is my way of getting it replaced.  CRAZY.  Yes, I like wasting my time going to the Sprint store, holding on the line, and talking to incompetent people.  I am so disgusted with Sprint right now.  If this is a known issue then fix it for your customers.  If there is a know issue on my car I get a recall, the car gets fixed no questions.  I would work with Sprint.  Give me credit on a new phone....  Maybe offer me an early upgrade....  Just trust me I've never complained about a phone before.  I hope someone reads this and can offer me some alternative to my faulty phones (yeah, hurray, we have two of these).

Journeyman

Wow, you got an offer of trade....  Maybe there's hope yet.

Journeyman

Re: 10/3 - LG Optimus S - revert from Gingerbread to Froyo

dshoem01 wrote:

Yes, LG is working on a new Gingerbread software load and devices on Froyo or the latest Gingerbread release will be eligible to receive it when it's available.  You have the option of remaining on the latest Gingerbread update or the Froyo update...both will be considered 'current' software for support purposes.

I wanted to tell you thanks first of all. I've seen several posts from you giving us some sort of insight on what's going on with this update.

My phone has gotten progressively quirkier since the upgrade. First it was the missing predictive text, a long press didn't make the phone vibrate as much, & I didn't like the color scheme (but I figured I would get used to it). Then the SD card kept unmounting, the phone would restart randomly, the call volume sometimes couldn't be lowered. Then I realized I hadn't been getting any texts from people since sometime on Friday. I restarted my phone (one of the seemingly thousands of times since this infamous update) & got 15 texts from the last 2 days. Overnight 3 more came in, as well as 2 voice mails from the past 2 days. I loved my phone! It's become such a burden now. I'm glad I can try reverting to Froyo. At least it's an option that makes me feel like it might fix my phone - unlike restarting every time the SD card comes unmounted, which is multiple times throughout the day.

I don't know if Sprint will actually see comments from people like me. And I don't mean the people designated to read & comment on posts. I mean the people who make decisions like whether or not to announce an upgrade or to notify customers that a major problem is being worked on. I can't believe that it's been, what, 3 weeks or so & I haven't heard one thing directly from Sprint. No email, text, flier, nothing on my monthly statement regarding this upgrade. Sprint didn't notify anyone of the upgrade & Sprint hasn't sent out any PR message to its loyal customers apologizing that the upgrade didn't work as expected. I had to go looking on message boards to find out I wasn't the only one experiencing problems.

Customers don't care whose fault it is ultimately. They want a solution. Sprint, you would look much better publicly acknowledging these problems & letting your customers know that the issues have been identified & are being worked on. Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone. People in general are much more likely to forgive those mistakes when they are acknowledged & when an effort to correct them is seen. Your customers want to know that they've been heard & that you are working on a solution. It's been 3 weeks for crying out loud! Fess up! Don't shirk your responsibility to your customers. Oh, and be glad you have people on your staff like "dshoem01", who will give us an honest answer. (Sorry I don't know your real name! )

Thanks for allowing me to put in my 2 cents. Ok, maybe it's more like 5.

Wizard

ih8peas, you took your device to a store and they loaded the Froyo software and you're still having the same issues? 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat