Did you mean: 

11/16 - LG Optimus S Maintenance Release - LS670ZV9

Highlighted
Wizard

11/16 - LG Optimus S Maintenance Release - LS670ZV9

LG Optimus S (LS670) Maintenance Release - LS670ZV9

Enhancements/Fixes

• Remote Wipe Command
  • Enhanced password policies: length, alphanumeric, expiration, history, max failed attempts, inactivity lock, password recovery to the device. 
  • Set Out of Office messages from the device
  • Accept/decline/tentatively accept meeting requests from the device
  • Corporate directory contacts search while composing email
  • Delete Exchange Calendar meeting requests and notify participants from the device
  • Modifying an Exchange Calendar meeting request (change date/time, add/remove participats) and notify participants about the meeting modifications
  • Add Swype keyboard functionality as an option when entering text

Important Notes:

You can see all LG Optimus S Maintenance Releases, install instructions, and subscribe to receive updates here.

This update will be released in stages with 100% of all devices having received the update by 11/18.

24 REPLIES 24
Journeyman

Re: 11/16 - LG Optimus S Maintenance Release - LS670ZV9

Was Swype installed on the phone in this update, or is it just supported now and to be installed later?

**Please ignore the question, I see that Swype is on the phone.  Not sure if it always was but it shows up as an option under settings > language & keyboard

Message was edited by: NUHKAX71

Journeyman

"This update will be released in stages with 100% of all devices having received the update by 11/18."

Still have not received the update.  Phone still shows running SW Version LS670ZV7 and that it is up to date under"system updates".  Is this new update still in the process of being pushed out?

Wizard

I'm showing that the phone was launched with LS670ZV8, so I'm confused as to why your device is showing 7.  There may have been a software push at activation that your phone did not receive.  If this is the case, you may not be seeing the update because you're not on version 8.  I'm checking into this and will let you know what I learn.

One thing you might try in the interim is to download an application from the Android Market.  Sometimes this triggers the Google servers to push new software to your device.

Wizard

CDELCORTO,

The LS670ZV7 software is a pre-production version that was not available to customers.  As I mentioned in my previous post, the phone was launched with version 8.  You phone will not be able to update from the version it's on.  Where did you get the phone?

Journeyman

Hi,

The phone was purchased at RadioShack on 11/13.  Definitely shows LS670ZV7 as the software version on the phone.  So, how do I get this updated?

Thanks

Journeyman

After the update, the home key doesn't work on my phone.  Pressing home does absolutely nothing.

Wizard

That phone can't be updated.  Can you send me a private message with the MEID on your device?  This should be listed on the box or under the battery.  We want to check it to see what's going on.

Then, take it back to Radio Shack and ask for a different phone and ensure it has LS670ZV8 on it before you leave the store.

Journeyman

PM sent with details.  Phone was exchanged for one running correct software version.  Thanks for following back up, greatly appreciated.

Journeyman

I have set my pattern lock and it had been workin fine then all of a sudden when my fne goes to sleep mode(standby mode) my pnone doesnt lock do yu know what happen

Journeyman

I have the latest updates but cannot access my Corporate phonebook directory when composing an email nor through Contacts. I have deleted my Exchange accont and re-set it up, but still no luck.  any suggestions?

Journeyman

Are you sure this cannot be updated?  I recently purchased an Optimus S.....it also has the V7 firmware.  I got it from a friend in the military who is being deployed and no longer wanted the phone/contract.  I have no idea where the device was purchased.

Do I have any options?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat