LG Optimus S (LS670) Maintenance Release - LS670ZVC

Enhancements/Fixes:
- SD card detection error
- New drivers for LCD supplier
- Removing first time language selection from the start up wizard

Important Notes:
- Software version is LS670ZVC
- Download and install time is approximately 3 minutes
- Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 4 days
- Refer to the LG Optimus S Maintenance Release blog for install instructions

29 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 2/7 - LG Optimus S Maintenance Release - LS670ZVC

Thanks for the notice, but this isn't available yet.  LS670ZV9 is still the current version listed on the Sprint website, and my phone says "Your system is currently up to date."  Maybe you could let us know when it actually is available.

Wizard

- Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 4 days

This is being rolled out in stages (will be pushed to some phones on day 1, some on day 2, etc.. until all phones have received it on the 4th day).  If your device is not showing the update as available, it hasn't been pushed to your phone yet.  If you still dont' see the upgrade as available within the next 4 days, please let me know.

Journeyman

Just a suggestion. You might make it available for download on your website. That way those who don't want to wait for the push can get it themselves. This would also save time on your push as well ensure that more people get the update quicker. I am anxious to get this update, the SD mounting/unmounting problem is REALLY getting on my nerves. It's getting ridiculous. If it's not fixed with this update I would really start to push for some sort of recall or optional replacement phone.

Had the same "home key" problem after update. Rebooting fixed it. Haven't had any more trouble with my SD ...yet... Phone is working great now. Thanks Sprint

Message was edited by: FBCPHARR

Journeyman

I am not seeing it either. A download would be nice.

Journeyman

So are these Updates being sent out by where a person lives. I live in Texas so I was was wondering how these updates are being sent out. It been 3 days since the update has been posted. Thank you for your time.

Wizard

I believe it's a random 'lottery' type of criteria that's used to determine which device...so not area/region specific.

Journeyman

How do yall notify us when it is available to us. I was told also by sprint tech. that the freezing issues and powering off issues ive been having for the past two months on all three of my phone will be fixed by this update. Is this true?

Journeyman

The home button doesn't work anymore. It doesn't do anything now except for turn on the screen.

Journeyman

Not experiencing any issues on my Optimus S with the home button. Not really seeing anything different with this release at all...so not sure what it's supposed to do. Would have loved if the update was 2.3...or even better...3.0! haha (wishful thinking ) Too bad it wasn't going to tell us Flash 10.1 was going to be supported!

One thing noticable is the stock YouTube is in a different format. Like how my Evo's was after it has a software update.

Message was edited by: Kevinh32

Journeyman

I've had the same problem with the home button not triggering any operations (as it used to) after the sprint release was deployed this morning. Did you get a fix for this, or does anyone know what the cause for this problem is?

Journeyman

I was able to fix the home key issue by performing the 'Update PRL' and 'Update Profile' operations under the 'About Phone' menu option. Not sure which of these had anything to do with re-programming the home key, or how the Sprint release affected the home key operation though.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.