LG Optimus S (LS670) Maintenance Release - LS670ZVC

Enhancements/Fixes:
- SD card detection error
- New drivers for LCD supplier
- Removing first time language selection from the start up wizard

Important Notes:
- Software version is LS670ZVC
- Download and install time is approximately 3 minutes
- Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 4 days
- Refer to the LG Optimus S Maintenance Release blog for install instructions

29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
Journeyman

I fixed mine by turning my phone off and on again. Don't know what happened...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Appears that Android is going the Windows way... reboot to fix anything!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Having the same problem.  Home key does not function after the update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks!  Rebooting fixed the home key freeze.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just got the new Update/Fix and the touch screen is now more responsive.......Now here's what i want to know, I just got word that LG and Sprint is updating the Optimus S to Gingerbread 2.3 supposeddly in february. When is that update rolling out?????????

Message was edited by: TASUKIFB

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had to reboot mine (power off/on) to get it to work properly.

When will sprinty issue a "owner information" fix?

I use the pattern lock, and I want it to say on the lock screen:

"Name Name

Home Phone or EMail Id

Reward if found"

i have tried a whole bunch of android market app's and they just don't work right.

Highlighted
Journeyman

While I enjoy that the update fixed some hardware issues (though I did  have to reformat my SD card), there's a particular software problem  that's got me stumped. I use Union Bank, and so I have their mobile app  to do my banking. After applying the OTA fix, the app would no longer  function. So, I decided to do an uninstall/reinstall and go from there.

One problem though: Union Bank no longer shows up in the Android Market.  I've even tried doing a stock firmware reset & it still won't show  up. I know the App is online, as I can access & download it from my  sister's Samsung Epic. So...does anyone know what happened with this  update that's blocking my ability to download & install my mobile  banking app?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I RECEIVED AN OTA UPDATE LAST NITE MY VERSION IS LS670MVC_60401001 IS THIS CORRECT???

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got the update Tuesday and I have to say, I am not happy about it. I suggest NOT updating it if you arent having problems. Or better yet, go buy a new SD card. The SD card that comes with these phones is what cause my phone to constantly search for a signal, using up 85+% of my battery, it unmounted and remounted at least 20+ times a day. I buy a new one, it uses maybe 30% of the battery to search for a signal.

Now that I have the update, it is now using 50-70% of my battery to search for a signal because no matter where I am, it only has a signal exactly 50% of the time.

This update is bogus...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ditto.  After the update rebooted my phone, my HOME button no longer did anything other than turn on the display.  Doing a manual power off did fix the problem.

Message was edited by: DF1SAACS

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have no problems with the home button, but having tons of other issues.

Since the"update" my applications sometimes load and some do not, varies on every boot.

Even had simple things like default email app not want to load.

Major lag and battery drain.

I did reinstall a few programs even though there was shortcuts on main screen, I am sure it just overwrote what was already in place.

When checking the marketplace it seems there was a lot of apps removed.

If you look on the internet you can usually download them to memory card if you find a download link.

Some of my programs just show a black screen for a long time,

This is the worst update I have ever seen.

Highlighted
Wizard

@ SilverWindow

The "time without signal" bug is not the result of the SD card or the update.  It's just a problem with Froyo.  Also, the bug does not cause your battery to drain.  It simply records bad math.  You can test this, if you like.  This is how I tested whether the time without signal affects the battery life:

1. Turn off your phone and charge up to 100%. Then use your phone normally while in a strong signal environment.  Record the battery level after about 4-6 hours.  Check the "time without signal" to verify it's at 50%.  When I did my test, the battery drained about 8% per hour.

2. Turn off your phone and charge up to 100%.  After turning your phone on, turn on airplane mode and immediately turn off airplane mode.  Then us your phone normally while in the same strong signal environment.  Record the battery level again after about 4-6 hours.  Check the "time without signal" to verify it's less than 2%.  When I did my test, the batter drained about 8% per hour.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat