cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)

Is it possible to go ahead and force the upgrade instead of waiting for it to be pushed to the phone? I attempted to force an upgrade from my phone but it didn't see an upgrade from the network. (I had previously upgraded to Gingerbread and then was forced to roll it back because my phone wouldn't charge and it massively drained the battery.)

Thanks!

Wizard

ChrisNorris19 wrote:

PORT ICS TO OUR PHONES! ICS WORKS WITH OUR PHONES COME ON! MOVE PAST GINGERBREAD!

You could crowbar it on there, but the Optimus is way to limited in memory for ICS.

Wizard

And seriously folks, if you have an issue after the update, you really need to do a hard reset with the hardware keys to clear out the Dalvik cache of the phone. A certain number of folks are going to have issues. No way around that. Make sure your data is backed up and then hard reset.

1. Remove and reinsert the battery

2. The device will power on

3. Hold Volume down, Home, and Power buttons until the reset screen appears.

4. Select wipe data/factory reset (using volume down) and press Menu

5. Select Yes and press Menu

Journeyman

I'm a bit afraid this update will mess up my phone again. Today is 4/6 and no update prompt. My phone is pretty crappy as is and I'm not very happy with the Gingerbread update, but I suppose this new one can't be any worse than my SD card ejecting hourly and the computer not recognizing my phone at all. :/ When/if I get the update I will post here. But I am a little worried.

Wizard

The update goes out over a period of weeks. You will receive a notification. Or you could check a corporate Sprint store to see if they have it available to update.

Journeyman

I can't wait to be through with this phone. On the third one with my contract, thanks to updates and general frustration. I wish phone contracts would reflect the speed at which the technology is being released and maybe we wouldn't be having to listen to all these complaints. And, no, my download did not complete. It was interrupted due to server being busy.

Master

GeekOfTexas wrote:

The update goes out over a period of weeks. You will receive a notification. Or you could check a corporate Sprint store to see if they have it available to update.

The repair stores usually don't have the updated software on the triage systems until a few weeks after the OTA rollout is complete.

Journeyman

My phone lost it rooting capabilities after this update. Any Ideas how to fix this or revert back to Froyo?

Journeyman

Two of the four Optimus S phones on my account have received the OTA to ZVJ build. All four of the Optimus phones on my account are still running the first stock Gingerbread update. None of the phones are rooted.  The only three issues they had were:

1. Keyboard -  did not have the predictive spelling dictionary. Fixed this by installing the GB keyboard in the market or using Swype.
  2. Charging – only one of the third party wall charges we had did not work. All stock charges worked fine as did two other third party wall charges.
  3. Windows recognition – fixed this by installing the new LG drivers from the LG website.

Everything else worked fine. I did not have the volume issues reported by some, or the GPS/Bluetooth issues, unmounting sd card, etc.

After accepting the update, the phone powered off and back on, installed the update and rebooted. After the phone rebooted, it did a Firmware check which came back as negative. There is no new firmware. Just out of habit, I ran both the Update Profile and Update PRL.  PRL was unchanged and is at version 60686

Both phones are able to send and receive calls, text message and voicemails. The VM app appears to have been changed and of course the “market” is now Google Play. The “Play” branding appears to be active. Volume control while in a phone call works as expected.

So far, all apps appear to run without cause and I’ve yet to get yelled at by my wife or daughter due to problems with their phone. Here is the version information:

Android Version

Baseband Version:
LS670MVJ_6150

Kernal Version:
2.6.35.7-perf

Lg-electronics@si-rd10-BLD165 #2

Build Number:

ZVJ.47B56B46

Good luck with your updates. So far so good for two out of four of my phones. Hopefully the other two will update as easily.

Journeyman

Today is 4/10/12 I havent gotten any notice to upgrade my softwear n every time I check it it saids its up to date

Journeyman

No update yet either, for me, but they did say it could take up to 21 days from the roll out. Patience and crossing fingers for a good download is key

Journeyman

ya I hope it Is too im on the phone with sprint concerning another issue but im gonna ask them about this update maybe they can send it

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.