cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)

I never got the update its LS670ZVH andriod version 2.3.3)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Three days with the updated, and the phone is once again working flawlessly.  While I'm glad it's finally fixed, it's inexcusable that something as rotten as the previous update was released, and that it took this long to correct.  I won't be purchasing any more LG products, that's for damned sure.

Highlighted
Journeyman

LISAJ14 wrote:

How did you receive notice on your phone that you had received the 2.3 update and where was the notice located? Was it on the notifications or someplace else?

It'll be really obvious Lisa.  When you turn the phone on, you'll get a big notification that there's an update and be asked to install now or install later.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, you haven't gotten the update yet .  You should see the notification sometime between now and 4/25.  If you don't see it by 4/26, call Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

johnpclvlnd69 wrote:

I never got the update its LS670ZVH andriod version 2.3.3)

You should get it sometime on or before 4/25.  You just haven't gotten it yet...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just upgraded to the samsung conquer 4g its seems oretty good so far n I only had miner issues with the LG Optimus S but nothing like any of the main issues everyone ealse has

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint has nothing to do with the update its LG who is sending them out so it doesnt do any good calling sprint when they have no control over the update

Highlighted
Journeyman

I figured out the camera problem - some moron at LG set the camera setting so that after the update, the default mode is "macro." You won't know this, because the original version of the camera softwared didn't have different modes.

Once you re-set the camera to normal mode, photos will be sharp.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i have the update and so far the only problem i'm having is that i'll press one of the buttons and the button backlights will turn on, but the screen never lights up/turns on. it stays frozen like that until i take out the battery and restart the phone. any others experiencing this or have a solution?

Journeyman

Same here....

Martin

Highlighted
Journeyman

My Optimus must've downloaded the update automatically on April 12. I got a prompt asking if I wanted to install the update.  I was kinda hesitant because I wanted to see what other people were getting with the update, but finally decided to install it.  So far so good. 

Major problems fixed for me:

-*** I can use "regular" headphones again!***  I really missed this ability.

-I can use a generic brand USB charger again.

Other issues fixed:

-No more SD card unloading spontaneously.

-Touchscreen is less balky

-Default LOUD volume fixed

-Voicemail app updated

All my existing data carried over, which is good because I was too lazy to do a backup.  Phone is working flawlessly now, which is a big surprise considering the disaster of the previous "update."

Note1:  I did not try to fix the problems from the previous Gingerbread "update."

Note2: My camera did not default to macro mode as mentioned in post #102.  Also don't have the problems mentioned in posts #88 & 103.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for that feedback, optimussy.  That headphone problem was a big issue for me.  It you're saying that you can again hear your *phone calls* with regular stereo headphones or earbuds like you would use on an iPod-type portable music player (as opposed to a telephone headset with added microphone), then I feel better about trying the update.  I'll wait another ten days or so and just monitor others' comments before I get the courage to commit to the update.  I don't mind hitting the "later" button a few more times. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok Ive combed through this phone seen i few changes the three buttons on the bottom arent green anymore voicemail icon changed ID pack screen changed date format changed but I think I can changed that if not oh well but the only thing I havent and dont see is task killer applications so am I overlooking something or is that just a ruse? It feels a lil bit more stable than the last just having problems with storage space getting used and I just recently cleaned it out to get at least 20mb Ive cleared cache over and over and cant get higher than 16mb free. txt msg been wiped clean so whats the problem  I have 23 apps installed (biggest one is google Maps at 11.9mb) on the phone storage alone and 27 added to SD card (Biggest one is Voxer at 18.23mb) so does the apps I have on SD effecti the internal storage space?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat