cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)

Highlighted
Wizard

4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)

LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)

Enhancements/Fixes:

-  Device not charging

-  SD card un-mounting error

-  Device not recognized by Windows SP, Vista, or 7 operating systems

-  Predictive Text with Android Keyboard issue

-  Voice call volume issue

- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

- Updated color scheme (includesdarker notification bar and black-based menus)   

- New on-screen keyboard (supports multi-touch input and a  smart auto-correction function)

- Improved cut-paste functionality

- New integrated download application for ease in accessing downloaded files

- Updated camera application

- Power management and task killer applications 

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: LS670ZVJ

- Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 21 days.  The

rollout will begin on 4/4/2012.

- Refer to the LG Optimus S Software Update blog for install instructions

182 REPLIES 182
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am absolutely done with LG products.  I know this isn't Sprints fault, but I have only with Sprint for 1 year, was with ATT for 10.  This absolutely the worst phone I have had.  The last time they did this update back in September it was horrible and it is again.  The screen is ugly, the key board is aweful, the phone doesn't automaitcally power off.....and just what I have notice since I updated this morning.  Hate it.  i have a year left on my contract, but I am going to suck it up and get a different phone.  Good news for Iphone or Blackberry.  Honestly considering going back to ATT.

Highlighted
Journeyman

turneyjtsprint wrote:

I am absolutely done with LG products.  I know this isn't Sprints fault, but I have only with Sprint for 1 year, was with ATT for 10.  This absolutely the worst phone I have had.  The last time they did this update back in September it was horrible and it is again.  The screen is ugly, the key board is aweful, the phone doesn't automaitcally power off.....and just what I have notice since I updated this morning.  Hate it.  i have a year left on my contract, but I am going to suck it up and get a different phone.  Good news for Iphone or Blackberry.  Honestly considering going back to ATT.

If the phone isn't automatically powering off, change the setting for the screen timeout to some other value, save, then change it back.  That will solve the screen poweroff issue.  Numerous other people have reported this issue and this has always solved it for them.

I actually like 2.3's user interface better than 2.2.

If you don't like the keyboard, have you tried the stock android keyboard?  It's an option under the settings menu.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Shane_M wrote:

nysepete804 wrote:

OK -- Went ahead with it.

First Bug:

It never turns off.

i have my screen set to Time Out at 1 minute.

Hasn't happened in 6 minutes.

I saw someone else post this as well yesterday, what I suggested was toggle the screen idle settings from something else then back to your original setting, it worked for her, let me know if it works for you.

Shane, can we get this put into the first post on the first page?  People keep reporting this and it would be good to have in the sticky first post.

Highlighted
Journeyman

After much thought and consideration I went ahead and installed ZVJ. I had ZVD and I was really nervous because of all the horror stories of ZVH which I never installed last year. Well long story short, I've absolutely had no issues as of yet and I actually like it. The installation was very quick and the phone seems quicker and battery life is good. It even fixed a problem I had with an app, which for some reason on Froyo I could not unselect it as a device administrator which would not allow me uninstall it. Big thumbs up so far!

Highlighted
Journeyman

My son's phone (well, one of my sons) took the update, now EVERYTHING on his SD card is G O N E ! ! !

Reboot, battery pull, mount and unmount card.  WHAT NOW!!!??????

I guess I will tell son #2  NOT to do the update and play it safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone??

Thanks in advance,

ks

Highlighted
Journeyman

The only way an SDCard would get wiped is if a format was done. An update in now way touchs the SDCard. More then likely your son could've accidently wiped out everything. Also try pulling the SDCard and putting it in the computer with its adapter and see if anything is on it. If nothing then like I said the only way it would've wiped is if he did it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The wife and I both got our updates. Her phone was still on 2.2 and mine was on the failed 2.3. So far so good.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got my update this morning...install went smoothly but I've found a couple of glitches:

1. LauncherPro is blocked from the phone.  Un-install and Re-install is unsuccessful.  App is shown in Menu>Apps...but doesn't show in App Tray.

2.  Kindle library was wiped out.  have to reload my library.

aside of that, everything SEEMS to be working okay....

Highlighted
Journeyman

I found that Go Laucher will start but does not stay persistant.  I used to be able to hold in the home key or maybe it was 2 quick clicks...

then the option to lauch the available launchers and set it as the default.  That no longer works....

anyone have this experience or the way to set the launcher you want to use....

Strange.  All of a sudden the laucher capabilities came back and I now can select and establish the default launcher once again.  Rebboted the phone and I uses the GoLauncher as I wish.....  Hmmm.....  Not complaining....

Highlighted
Journeyman

I updated to this version a few days ago and yesterday my phone restarted itself - causing flashbacks to the prior attempt to update to 2.3... I spoke to a csr over the phone and they had me go into the store to revert to 2.2 - they did not know that this was a new attempt to upgrade to 2.3. They reverted my phone to 2.2 (again - had to do this in the fall too) and then the update wanted to reinstall (and it keeps on trying). They are offering me a samsung transform (M920) as a service replacement - but that phone to me seems older and more buggy than the LG.

Wondering if I should keep the LG - and if so - whether I should do the system update. Any advice?

Highlighted
Journeyman

As somebody who bought a couple of used Optimus S's to replace the insanely bad Transform, I would highly advise against that move. They should give you something as equal quality or better.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Small bug: When you perform a Privacy > Reset Data function with the "Erase SD" card choice enabled, it unmounts & eras

es the SD card...but doesn't perform a factory reset.

In order to perform a factory reset in LS670ZVJ, one must do so without checking the "Erase SD" choice, or the Power Button & Volume Down & Search Key function while booting.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat