cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)

Highlighted
Wizard

4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)

LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)

Enhancements/Fixes:

-  Device not charging

-  SD card un-mounting error

-  Device not recognized by Windows SP, Vista, or 7 operating systems

-  Predictive Text with Android Keyboard issue

-  Voice call volume issue

- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

- Updated color scheme (includesdarker notification bar and black-based menus)   

- New on-screen keyboard (supports multi-touch input and a  smart auto-correction function)

- Improved cut-paste functionality

- New integrated download application for ease in accessing downloaded files

- Updated camera application

- Power management and task killer applications 

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: LS670ZVJ

- Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 21 days.  The

rollout will begin on 4/4/2012.

- Refer to the LG Optimus S Software Update blog for install instructions

182 REPLIES 182
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Mikey-

It was late last night, so I told my son we'd check his card on the computer today, and load the last time we saved if necessary.

ks

Highlighted
Journeyman

turneyjtsprint wrote:

I am absolutely done with LG products.  I know this isn't Sprints fault, but I have only with Sprint for 1 year, was with ATT for 10.  This absolutely the worst phone I have had.  The last time they did this update back in September it was horrible and it is again.  The screen is ugly, the key board is aweful, the phone doesn't automaitcally power off.....and just what I have notice since I updated this morning.  Hate it.  i have a year left on my contract, but I am going to suck it up and get a different phone.  Good news for Iphone or Blackberry.  Honestly considering going back to ATT.

Good luck with AT&T. I was with them from 1997 to 2010, and thier dropped calls and customer service progressively got worse.  Why, although you say that "this isn't Sprints fault", are you willing to jump ship because of a phone? I thought that Sprint had more than just this one phone for thier network??? There was a TV commercial for something called the iPhone on the Sprint network. 😉 Check Consumer Reports for the worst cell service in the US (AT&T).

Anyway, this LG Optimus S is actually the best cell phone I've ever had. Before this I had Nokia, Motorola and Palm phones. The update has made my phone quicker, and I notice more battery life! The disapointingly slow camera app is now lightning quick in comparison. Sure I'd like an iPhone, but I'm cheap and I don't want to pay $10 more a month for a 4g phone when I live in a 3g only area. And then there's the hefty purchase fee for the iPhone!

No, I'll stay with my no cost Optimus until I'm forced into something else.

Highlighted
Journeyman

the hard reset didnt work Shane....dont know what to do anymore....it will simply just not charge.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just upgraded today and completely lost all service, no bars, no connection at all. Had to take phone to Sprint Store for hard reset --- AGAIN. Waiting on that right now. Totally frustrated, I knew I shouldn't have done the upgrade. Very frustrated with this phone and service. It may not be Sprint's fault but I hold them accountable, I pay them every month, not Google or LG.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am new to this rooting thing. my LG Optimus downloaded an update automatically (probably this one) two days ago and I thought it is official so I installed it. after this, I lost my international text messaging ability. I called sprint four times without any one knowing how to fix it and was told this baseband LS670MVJ_6150 and SW version LS670ZVJ are not supported by Sprint and this update voids the warranty. is this an official sprint release? How can I downgrade to the previous version (I don't even know my previous version number). Thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's what I'm afraid of, losing my root. Have you been able to reRoot your phone? My daughter updated her phone, we have the same phones and now her phone is buggy so she asked me to root her phone, it was never Rooted because her phone worked fine but now she asked me to root it to see if that would help, well I tried to root it with the same application I used to Root mine (Son of Korhal) but it won't Root.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Status bar is still black with teeny tiny icons, just like the fist time.  The dial pad is black with smaller numbers too.  So far, those are the only things I don't like about the update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree...the status bar is just plain annoying. My gps does not seem to want to respond either. The battery life was good all day yesterday, in fact i was very happy about that, but then today I unplugged if from the charger at 6am and by 10am I was down to a battery of 56%. And I havent even used the phone at all today. Really LG? So now the phone won't hold a charge. Just what I feel like dealing with. Back to sprint I go after work!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

After waiting out as some of the issues reported here came up with the ZVJ update, I took the plunge yesterday. The update from my troublesome 2.3.3 (ZVH?) went easily. I was quite happy for a couple of hours. Then some issues began to reoccur. Battery charging is still a problem. It charges for a while, quits charging, then requires a reboot to resume recharging. Unplugging, re-plugging doesn't work. Also, it still reports it's fully charged at 100%, "Please unplug...", then you unplug and it immediately shows it is not fully charged, maybe 92% and resumes charging. This is exactly as before.

I had an issue with bluetooth not wanting to connect to my headset, but that resolved itself and for now, is working.

My GPS is working. The phone may seem a little quicker. The Voicemail app finally updated itself and now allows me to save messages to the SD card. A plus.

It's been less than 24 hours so I'm not sure my experience is much of a yardstick to go by but all in all, my LG is better than before???

Frankly, I'll dump this phone for sure, maybe Sprint, as other phones become available and I want to upgrade. I'm really disappoint it's taken Sprint/LG/Google, whoever, so long to take care to this matter for us. It poor customer care regardless if the issues are ever fixed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Alright, I've had some additional time to play with it after taking the plunge on my phone.

Bugs:

• The Factory Reset + Format SD card feature does not work. It formats the SD card, does not perform the factory reset.

Impressions:

• The phone is just as snappy, if not snappier than the 2.2.2 (LS670ZVD) stock.
  • I can't recreate any of the bugs I had when updating to LS670ZVH previously. Plugging my computer in via USB to computers still works, and I can use any kind of power adapter to charge my phone.
  • The camera function has been improved. Some apps where the LG Optimus S bugged out before (Barcode Scanner) are now working properly.
  • The bluetooth functions have been improved. I no longer get the protocol hangups where I had to reset/restart the bluetooth function anymore.
  • Many updates now incorporated into stock software, freeing up on-device memory. I gained about 20-30 MB of space by having the latest Sprint ID & Voicemail apps this way.
  • I can't vouch for a stock firmware upgrade. I played it safe - downloaded the new firmware, peformed factory reset, and then reinstalled all my apps.
  • Many people who rooted their LG Optimus S from stock are having problems when using the over-the-air (OTA) firmware update. Performing an OTA update on any rooted device, regardless of manufacturer, is a serious no-no and can brick your phone. You *always* need to return to stock before running an OTA update.
  • I can't speak for the rooting after installing 2.3.3 (LS670VJ), but I can guarantee that someone will post a means to root on the Android 2.3.3 platform soon enough on other forums. I personally have no need to root - already get good battery life & performance from my device as is. Wireless tethering is $1/day and just not worth the hassle to constantly be playing around with rooted firmware & revisions.
Highlighted
Journeyman

CEPHOTO1 wrote:

Frankly, I'll dump this phone for sure, maybe Sprint, as other phones become available and I want to upgrade. I'm really disappoint it's taken Sprint/LG/Google, whoever, so long to take care to this matter for us. It poor customer care regardless if the issues are ever fixed.

Enjoy your capped & more expensive service.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Went to a Sprint repair store yesterday after updating and losing any and all service to make and receive calls and the guy didn't know how to repair the phone so he said my phone had liquid damage and could not be serviced or replace. After giving him a few choice words I took the phone to another repair store and the guy wiped it and put the old system back on and told me the upgrade definitely cauased me to lose service and there was NO liquid damage at all. Total loss of time [..]with this was about 4 hours of MY TIME lost.

By, By Sprint.

Message was edited by: mapesy who removed profanity

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat