cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)

Highlighted
Wizard

4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)

LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)

Enhancements/Fixes:

-  Device not charging

-  SD card un-mounting error

-  Device not recognized by Windows SP, Vista, or 7 operating systems

-  Predictive Text with Android Keyboard issue

-  Voice call volume issue

- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

- Updated color scheme (includesdarker notification bar and black-based menus)   

- New on-screen keyboard (supports multi-touch input and a  smart auto-correction function)

- Improved cut-paste functionality

- New integrated download application for ease in accessing downloaded files

- Updated camera application

- Power management and task killer applications 

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: LS670ZVJ

- Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 21 days.  The

rollout will begin on 4/4/2012.

- Refer to the LG Optimus S Software Update blog for install instructions

182 REPLIES 182
Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there any way to ignore the update all together other than selecting the "later" button. I'd rather not update but the pop up is getting annoying? Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I havent received teh update on my phone, yet my husband's phone has received it.  He's now on 2.3 VJ and I'm still on y 2.2 VD.

Why haven't I received the update yet?

Highlighted
Journeyman

BSLiveOrg wrote:

I havent received teh update on my phone, yet my husband's phone has received it.  He's now on 2.3 VJ and I'm still on y 2.2 VD.

Why haven't I received the update yet?

As stated in the original post:

- Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 21 days.  The

rollout will begin on 4/4/2012

When you get the update is random.  You'll get the update sometime between 4/4 and 4/25.  If you haven't gotten it yet, you'll just have to wait.  You'll get it within the next 7 days, provided Sprint or LG doesn't recall it like they did the last 2.3 update (which, given the feedback so far, seems unlikely). 

The only major problem I've seen that has no resolution is that Netflix no longer works properly in the new update.  All of the other issues people have been able to resolve by changing settings or hard resetting the phone.

Highlighted
Wizard

BSLiveOrg wrote:

He's now on 2.3 VJ and I'm still on y 2.2 VD.

So you still have VD and your husband does not?

Give it another week, then you may have to go to the store for the update. Any chance you canceled it? That will often prevent you from getting it again.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, just caved and updated the phone. The pop up every five min to update was driving me nuts! So far no major issues. My screen wouldnt time out at all which in tern started to drain the battery, so like a few people above, i toggled the settings and removed the battery. Seems fine now. I have it charging now and it seems to be working. The battery life on this phone was bad to begin with so I'm not expecting much. On a normal day I have to plug it in by 2:00. All my apps seem to be good as well. The keyboard it horrible. Too small and I have small hands so I'm just using a keyboard app I installed after the first update as well as the english dictionary for the type ahead. I will keep everyone up to day, but so far I can deal with it. This will be my last LG phone I can tell you that much!!

Highlighted
Wizard

LOTHSAHN wrote:

When you get the update is random.  You'll get the update sometime between 4/4 and 4/25.  If you haven't gotten it yet, you'll just have to wait.  You'll get it within the next 7 days, provided Sprint or LG doesn't recall it like they did the last 2.3 update (which, given the feedback so far, seems unlikely). 

The only major problem I've seen that has no resolution is that Netflix no longer works properly in the new update.  All of the other issues people have been able to resolve by changing settings or hard resetting the phone.

I would really like more information about this, I've seen other reports of this. Can you list any troubleshooting you've performed already? Are you on 3G or 4G? Do you receive any kind of error message? Do other streaming applications work (i.e. Youtube)? The more information I receive on this the better chance we have of investigating it and finding the cause.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Shane_M wrote:

LOTHSAHN wrote:

I would really like more information about this, I've seen other reports of this. Can you list any troubleshooting you've performed already? Are you on 3G or 4G? Do you receive any kind of error message? Do other streaming applications work (i.e. Youtube)? The more information I receive on this the better chance we have of investigating it and finding the cause.

Shane, I'm sorry if I was at all confusing in my response.  I have not personally seen the Netflix issue -- I was reporting that the only major problem I've seen in the forums was that user who reported this issue.  My wife does not have Netflix, so we didn't run into that problem.

For her, the Optimus S update is working flawlessly and we've had NO issues (not even the screen timeout issue).  It fixed all the problems we had (mainly the predictive text keyboard issue).

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was watching Netflix on my ZVD phone pretty frequently.  I oftten do this when I am doing something very boring like folding clothes in the closet while my wife is asleep and I dont want to wake her up with a big TV.  Yeah, its rediculous, but whatever. With ZVD netflix worked great, no syncing issues at all and that is for both of our Optimus S phones. 

Once I got ZVJ, it stopped syncing and this change occured on both phones after the ZVJ upgrade.

I got ZVJ a week before she did, so I had plenty of time to test both phones (at the same time, either starts stream first, or seperately) on the same network same show, etc.  Always, her ZVD worked, my ZVJ did not. We never had ZVH because we got our phones a couple months after that firmware was abandonned,

I tried using old hacked versions of netflix 1.3, 1.4, 1.4.4, 1.5, and current, I erased cache, wiped the phone back to factory after the ZVJ, reinstalled Netflix rebooted, etc. WIth no success I tried rooting the phone, used Link2SD to erase cache & Dalvik cache, made a fresh install of  Netflix and ran it off the SD card, the internal memory an even tried making it a system app (which link2sd can do), either way it just never synced.  I was able to watch the same program on my wifes ZVD baseband phone that is bone stock and unmolested by testing while trying all manor of configurations on my ZVJ phone. (She wont let me mess with her phone to root or any of that so it remains a standard boring phone and a great control for testing)

The Optimus S is (or was) perfectly capable of running Netflix in Froyo, its just worthless for this in ZVJ.  I think it must be a timing thing between hardware and new software because it is consistantly slow video with normal clear audio. The audio never flutters or flickers out with the video, the video just falls futher and further behind.

It could be that GIngerbread ZVJ has some sort of video driver adaptation that changed the priority of processing away from video and allocated it to something else like touch screen sensitivity, wifi radio, 3G improvements, or the audio quality.... I have no clue, I am not a computer engineer so dont go around repeating that to your friends, they will look at you funny.

Bottom line, ZVD netflix works, ZVJ netflix does not work.

By the way, I am using this phone through a Sprint MVNO, Ting wireless.  It is the same Sprint phone, with SPrints logos, Sprint ID and all that junk.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I FINALLY received the update this morning to 2.3 Gingerbread on my phone.  So far, so good.  It will take some getting used to, I mean by that the black notification bar with green highlight.  Everything else is great.  I love the update on the messaging keyboard with pred. text.  And it seems to be a little faster than 2,2.  Thanks Sprint and LG!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

GeekOfTexas wrote:

BSLiveOrg wrote:

He's now on 2.3 VJ and I'm still on y 2.2 VD.

So you still have VD and your husband does not?

If you have VD and your husband does not I would suspend all intercourse and see the doctor pronto. 

Hopefully you can get it cleared up without having to tell your husband you passed on some nasty VD to him as well

Highlighted
Journeyman

I mean, seriously! WHY HAVEN'T I GOTTEN THE UPDATE YET??? I'm not just some "random" person! I'm WAY MORE IMPORTANT than other people. I'm the CEO of Pepsi, the President of United States of America, and I am on the Board of Directors for Microsoft!!! You're REALLY going to make me wait 21 DAYS!!??! I don't THINK SO!!! Just you wait until my contract is OVER!!! You'll be OVER!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Battery life is amazing with this new update.  You'll be very pleased.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat