cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)

Journeyman

Re: 4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)

Does anyone know how to block this upgrade? It keeps poppin up for me to upgrade over and over. The repair guy told me to definitely NOT upgrade again.

Wizard

RODEZjeep wrote:

the hard reset didnt work Shane....dont know what to do anymore....it will simply just not charge.

I recommend taking it into one of our service and repair locations preferably a corporate one if possible, our device group is actively looking for examples of these reported devices I can create a ticket noting special instructions for your device if you would like to send me a private message.

Journeyman

Installed the update today, it works fine.   Here's a note, my 2 cents.  Gotta get this out there!

For ALL THE PAIN encountered with the OS updates for the Optimus S over the last 12 months (it seems that long), Sprint customers would have been BETTER SERVED by just configuring a baseline and JUMPING TO ICS for this little guy.   Seriously. 

Sprint folks you really need to think about these things.  I would have *loved* the option to skip this update and start use ICS on the Optimus S.   Btw, it works fine, I've seen it.

You will find a *boatload* of others of us that will agree with me in a heartbeat.   

Journeyman

hamradioguy wrote:

For ALL THE PAIN encountered with the OS updates for the Optimus S over the last 12 months (it seems that long), Sprint customers would have been BETTER SERVED by just configuring a baseline and JUMPING TO ICS for this little guy.   Seriously. 

Sprint folks you really need to think about these things.  I would have *loved* the option to skip this update and start use ICS on the Optimus S.   Btw, it works fine, I've seen it.

You will find a *boatload* of others of us that will agree with me in a heartbeat.   

You do realize that ICS would run like a dog on the LG Optimus S's hardware, right? This is like asking for a Windows 7 installation on a computer that shipped with Windows 3.1.

Journeyman

When I installed the first update back in September I was no longer able to charge my phone, among MANY other problems, but obviously this was the worst. After the battery died that was it, no more phone--period. When I took it to Sprint for help, they insisted on charging me because I didn't have a device protection plan. Um...I have to pay for YOUR problem? Not cool. Screams SCAM to me. I had to fight tooth and nail to get out of paying, but how many frustrated people just paid up to get their phone back?  I will NOT be updating this time. Learned my lesson. When my contract is up in December, I am GONE.  Buh-bye, Sprintholes!

Journeyman

I like many others I'm sure were forced to do the update before. Well, since there is the "install later" option this time around, my option will be to INSTALL NEVER! I finally got so frustrated with the problems after the first update and trying to get it back to normal that I actually got my phone replaced which had factory settings on it, no funky colors that were hard to see or anything stupid. My biggest issues with the first update were the music player song listing and the sd card notification telling me it wasn't installed or damaged and needed to be replaced- it was fine all along. Why did they make the song list go from alphabetical order, which made PERFECT SENSE, to track number from whatever cd you got it from? Think about it, some dummy came up with that idea, ran it past some bigwig and it was approved?!! So if you had 500 songs from 400 cds, you had to know what track number it was in order to find it. Some genius thought that was BRILLIANT! What an idiot!

Needless to say, Sprint and LG will not irritate me again when I have the option for them not to. Though, when I called LG after the first update, the guy I talked to told me that if somebody from Sprint told me the update was sent from LG, they were either liars or stupid. He then put me on hold and came back sounding like he had his tail between his legs and said they would be working on trying to fix it. Bottom line, neither Sprint nor LG took responsibility for sending out that garbage software "down"date. It didn't make anything better on my phone.

I am sad to say though that right now, something other than me is controlling my phone even without the second update and making it restart and bringing up the update option. It's trying to make me do it, but I'll go down fighting!!! SPRINT AND LG....LEAVE MY PHONE ALONE!!!!!!    

Journeyman

Thanks for this note.

Can you, or anyone else, verify whether or not the headphone jack issue is fixed with this upgrade?  That was the main issue that caused me to revert to 2.2 last time around.  It seems that there are some advantages to upgrading, but it will only work for me if I can take calls over the standard audio-out, and taking the call will pause any other audio.

Thanks.

Journeyman

You can still kick back to Froyo, I just did. G-bread more like pee-bread.

Journeyman

How do we kick back to Froyo? I just updated it, and my GPS is having issues. It not as accurate anymore

Journeyman

To Shane_M:

I have the issue with the Netflix app as well. I am having issues with the audio and video not being in sync. I checked my YouTube app and it plays like normal; I also check videos that I recorded with my phone as well as movies i transferred onto my phone and they play like normal. I don't have any ideas for troubleshooting this. The only thing I have done is reverted back to the 2.2 version of Android. If I go back to 2.2 the Netflix app works fine. It seems to me that the issue lies with Netflix not making their app ready for this update or the update is not working with the Netflix app. Netflix needs to be involved with fixing this but I don't know how to bring this to their attention.

Journeyman

bcaplin, on an Apr. 17 posting to this thread, a poster named "optimussy" stated after accepting the latest update "I can use 'regular' headphones again!"  There was no elaboration.  Just to be sure, maybe some nice people here with the latest update installed can plug in some iPod-type stereo earphones, (plain, with no attached mic) during a phone call, and let us know if they can hear the person they are on the phone with.  A further test would be listening to music through same earphones, then answering an incoming call to see if that stops the music and lets the incoming caller be heard.  If the phone calls can be heard through those earphones, this is good news for me as well, because I use a standard stereo cable from my phone to my car radio aux input, and lay the phone on the dash of my car for cheap hands-free calling.  The phone's built-in mic is sensitive enough to catch my voice even from several feet away, and the person I'm speaking to is loud and clear from my four speakers.  Last year's 2.3 update killed all that so standard stereo earphones/cables would carry other audio but not phone calls (unless you used a fancy telephone headset with a built-in mic or a crazy mutant stereo patch cable with four conductors and a mic hanging near the plug on one end).  I also reverted to 2.2 with all the inconveniences reverting caused.  I'm waiting for a definite answer on our issue before I accept this latest update.  It's a real issue but has not gotten as much discussion as some of the other problems. 

Journeyman

I went to update my phone this morning and it didn't update or canceled or something, but now I don't have the update to install listed under System Updates, what do I do?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat