LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)
- Device not charging
- SD card un-mounting error
- Device not recognized by Windows SP, Vista, or 7 operating systems
- Predictive Text with Android Keyboard issue
- Voice call volume issue
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Updated color scheme (includesdarker notification bar and black-based menus)
- New on-screen keyboard (supports multi-touch input and a smart auto-correction function)
- Improved cut-paste functionality
- New integrated download application for ease in accessing downloaded files
- Updated camera application
- Power management and task killer applications
- The new software version is: LS670ZVJ
- Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 21 days. The
rollout will begin on 4/4/2012.
- Refer to the LG Optimus S Software Update blog for install instructions
I upgraded to 2.3.3 (J) about a month ago. The first time I tried this upgrade my phone started exhibiting some of the symptoms of the earlier 2.3.3 (H) update - primarily the reboot issue. After a couple of trips to the sprint store I got a replacement phone (another optimus) and I had to install the J update for it. It was fine for the first couple of weeks but now I am starting to have problems:
1. reduced battery performance
2. touch screen issues - mainly for me while using the touch-screen keyboard. I touch a letter and the letter on the row below it gets types
3. Phone sometimes misses calls (no ring, then later I get a missed call or voicemail notification)
4. phone reboots itself randomly
These are all reminiscent of the H update. I spoke with sprint last night and had another ticket created - so now I need to go back to the sprint store (again) and see what they can do. The rep on the phone last night said they can load somethng onto the phone to prevent the upgrade message from appearing every 5 mins if you roll back to 2.2 - not sure what's involved with that or if that's true.
I have never spent this much time in a sprint store in my life. At this point I would like to just upgrade to another phone but they say I can't do that until September. If I want to upgrade earlier it's out of pocket...