cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)

Highlighted
Wizard

4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)

LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)

Enhancements/Fixes:

-  Device not charging

-  SD card un-mounting error

-  Device not recognized by Windows SP, Vista, or 7 operating systems

-  Predictive Text with Android Keyboard issue

-  Voice call volume issue

- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

- Updated color scheme (includesdarker notification bar and black-based menus)   

- New on-screen keyboard (supports multi-touch input and a  smart auto-correction function)

- Improved cut-paste functionality

- New integrated download application for ease in accessing downloaded files

- Updated camera application

- Power management and task killer applications 

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: LS670ZVJ

- Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 21 days.  The

rollout will begin on 4/4/2012.

- Refer to the LG Optimus S Software Update blog for install instructions

182 REPLIES 182
Highlighted
Journeyman

I received notification to install but I clicked out of it by accident, now my phone says its up to date on LS670 ZVD. -_________-  [...] !   

Message was edited by: mapesy who removed profanity

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm scared!!! 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello,

I have four of these phones all still running Sprint's first attempt at Gingerbread. The only problem my phones have had is with the charging. However using a car charger of the charger that came with the phone have worked. Only 3rd party wall charges would not work. Hopefully someone from Sprint can answer the following questions.

1) will my phone receive the OTA if still running the first version of 2.3 pushed out by Sprint?

2) does this update completely wipe out the contents of the phone, i.e., factory reset?

3) will there be an option to upgrade at a later time?

I'm hopeful that this OTA was tested with the first release of 2.3.

Thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

Are we going to have the option to update the phone. Last time I didn't have the option, it just shut down and when i turned it back on it was updated. I'd rather wait as long as I can. I hope they tested it this time before rolling it out!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

My wife's phone got an update software from Sprint and when we clicked on it, it went to the browser, which said suspicious signature and when I clicked proceed anyway, it hung and now the update is gone.  Is this the update or some other update and how can we recheck it?  It says her phone is up to date, but it is not.  Sprint Mods, any answer?

Highlighted
Wizard

StvnM,

Yes it should still receive the update even if it's running the first version of Gingerbread. It should not wipe out everything, however it's always a good idea to have your information backed up before making any software changes as there are rare scenarios where you will have issues. Yes, you will be able to dismiss the upgrade notification and perform the update at a later time.

katieC2000,

Yes, you should get the option to update or not. The actual software may save to the device but will not force the install unless you authorize it.

Click here to see the latest news on our Network Vision updates!

Highlighted
Wizard

KB_BOYKIN,

It sounds like the update experienced some kind of issue, you should be prompted again for the update. The software will show it's up to date until it's selected again to receive the update, you can try manually checking for the update by following the instructions in the official update blog here. (menu > settings > about phone > system updates) The update is being rolled out over the next 21 days so it may not be right away. I would recommend as always with any software update or change to backup your information and any information you may want saved like text, contacts, applications, etc.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Will the updates be available to phones currently deactivated?  If not, will a download link eventually become available to install this on those devices?  For example, I upgraded from this to an E4GT but still use it for Wi-Fi and as a backup for a family member.

Highlighted
Wizard

You should be able to upgrade over WiFi no problem. Updates come from Google servers.

Highlighted
Wizard

GeekOfTexas is correct, you will still be able to upgrade over Wi-Fi.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So, either no one has received this update yet or it went so well that people are so busy enjoying their phones they have forgotten to update the rest of us.

I'm 0-4 and frankly not in any hurry. Though it would be nice to hear how it's going.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone successfully received the update yet?  I'm reading all sorts notifications with unsuccessful downloads/installs in third party forums.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat