cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)

johnpclvind69 - what about the status bar? Has that changed. I'm still running ZVD withough the gingerbread update. My original phone did the update and the phone ended up not working at all. Got a new phone from sprint without the update, so I'm pretty scared to update again. How's the keyboard also?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I keep reading about all of these issues the original update caused, and that it took 6 mosnths to fix all of the problems and roll out the revised update, so I am curious, is Sprint offering to give customers a brand new device for the trouble or has there ever been a recall? Seems this would be the appropriate thing to do. The only issue I had was the Predictive Text with Android Keyboard issue, but it was enough of an issue to make me consider a different device and more likely a different service.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im running the same on my phone for the moment but im gonna call sprint back to see about this upgrade cause the phone I used to call them I lost the call cause it was a getto phone but as soon as I do get the update I will update u n others on here n ppl need to realize it dont matter what company ur with or the type of phones u have that ur alwas gonna have some type of issue with the phones manely because there coming out with new phones before all of the bugs r worked out of them n theres more testing that needs done but because of the high demand for better phones with more technology there not able to do that n thats y us the consumer has the ability to give the companys the feedback on there products so they can try to improve the product n the technolagy on the phones

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can confirm that my wife's phone (LG Optimus S) recieved the update yesterday and is running the new build (LS670ZVJ).

The issues with predictive text are resolved and her text messages are working normally.  Haven't seen any issues, but it's only been two days.

Very grateful to Sprint that they followed through on their promise to deliver the update.  Frustrated that it took them so long.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank u im very glad to hear some good feedback on this n I hope that when I get this new update that i'll be happy with it too

Highlighted
Journeyman

I use the htc evo 4g but I changed back to my Optimus s when I heard about the new update because I downloaded the 2.3 gingerbread that came out last year and i wanted to get the newest version on the phone, and I received the update on the Optimus this morning and it has fixed the predictive text issue and my battery seems to be lasting longer but it's too early to really get into anything else, so at least the updates are being sent out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

yeah got the update this am dled and installed .. still says 2.2 ..   then techie (supervisor) says it was an ota for 2.2 not 2.3 ..  ok sure a new update for old software? really.  well going to store maybe they can manually install it. rly both lg and sprint cant get shite right.

Highlighted
Journeyman

check out androidcentral.com i got my update from there and root instructions,just signup and look at their threads,you will also be able to revert back to zvd there also

ps these devs came up with a fix for zvh kenel issues,now im running rooted zvj with cwrecovery

Highlighted
Journeyman

thank u i'll check into that

Highlighted
Journeyman

I haven't gotten the update yet. I'm running the previous version, 2.3.3, or ZVH.  Has anyone with ZVH gotten it?  I got the update on the second day last time, and I live in a large Dallas suburb, which I thought was one of Sprint's largest and most prestigious markets.  Just wondering why I haven't received it yet, a week after it started rolling out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

How is the status bar? Has that issue been fixed? After Gingerbread it was impossible to read the status bar.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Never had the status bar problem.  Looked fine in the previous Gingerbread update, looks fine now.

streetspirit1979:

yeah got the update this am dled and installed .. still says 2.2 ..   then techie (supervisor) says it was an ota for 2.2 not 2.3 ..  ok sure a new update for old software? really.  well going to store maybe they can manually install it. rly both lg and sprint cant get shite right.

This is a fix for the 2.3 update.  After installing, it should say LS670ZVJ and be 2.3.  If you're still on 2.2 (ZVD), then you don't have the update.  If it says ZVH, you don't have the update.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat