cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)

Wizard

4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)

LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)

Enhancements/Fixes:

-  Device not charging

-  SD card un-mounting error

-  Device not recognized by Windows SP, Vista, or 7 operating systems

-  Predictive Text with Android Keyboard issue

-  Voice call volume issue

- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)

- Updated color scheme (includesdarker notification bar and black-based menus)   

- New on-screen keyboard (supports multi-touch input and a  smart auto-correction function)

- Improved cut-paste functionality

- New integrated download application for ease in accessing downloaded files

- Updated camera application

- Power management and task killer applications 

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: LS670ZVJ

- Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 21 days.  The

rollout will begin on 4/4/2012.

- Refer to the LG Optimus S Software Update blog for install instructions

182 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 4/4 - LG Optimus S Software Update - Android 2.3 (LS670ZVJ)

PORT ICS TO OUR PHONES! ICS WORKS WITH OUR PHONES COME ON! MOVE PAST GINGERBREAD!

Journeyman

I hope this one is legit, unlike ZVH.  Does this update come without Carrier IQ or must we forcibly remove it ourselves?

Journeyman

It's already removed -.-.    

Journeyman

I received the notification today to download it but I am so scared but then again it can't be any worse than what it's been since the last update.  If I don't have to shut the phone off 5 times a day & take the battery out at least twice a day I think I am already a winner. 

Journeyman

i had this phone before i got my EVO, But i still have the Optimus and i downloaded the old 2.3 gingerbread update...will i still get the new update even though i didnt revert back to 2.2

Journeyman

Isn't the Optimus nearing its end of life???  Why polish a .... 

I'll be waiting to see if this update works better than the last attempt.  Hopefully, this update has been TESTED before pushing it out to us!!!

Journeyman

I got the notification today and when I went to update it the notification diappeared and nothing happened. Phone keeps telling me my software is up to date but nothing changed.

Journeyman

After the horrible software update back in September, i ended up with a new phone without the update. What will happen if I do this update? What if I don't want to update??? I received the notification for the update, cleared it then went into my system updates and it says that its up to date. What now?

Journeyman

One thing I'm sure of: I don't want this update to automatically install itself on my device.  Let the tech savvy users try it for a month first.  It was hell having to revert to Froyo and losing all the settings/apps/preferences that I painstakingly adjusted. 

And I hope this time the update doesn't take away the ability to hear my phone calls through a standard stereo cable from the headphone jack to my car's AUX input, or through standard stereo earphones/headphones (the kind without a built-in mic).  That was one issue a lot of customers were complaining about that I don't see addressed in the description of this long awaited latest update. 

Journeyman

The "H" word automatically censored? OK, It was *heck* having to revert to froyo

Journeyman

the updates will rollout to our phones beginning tomorrow April 4th.  You should receive the full update by April 21st.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.