cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Android 2.3.3] Optimus S USB tether more broken

Highlighted
Journeyman

I use the USB cable between the computer and my Optimus S frequently because the throughput is better than using the WiFi hotspot feature.

On occasion with 2.2.2, I would disconnect but the phone would not return the network connection to its previous state and mobile applications were unable to use the EVDO network at all.  I could re-connect from the computer and disconnect and everything was fine again.  It was an inconvenience.

Since 2.3.3, this seems to be the case the majority of the time, and my workaround no longer works.  I must power cycle the phone to regain control.  I appreciate the new icon to show the connection, as it's easier to realize that the problem exists.

I'm glad to have the upgrade.  I just hope that problems like this one will be fixed.  The WiFi hotspot performs better with 2.3.3 but it still lags a lot compared to the wired connection.

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

On mine, the WiFi hotspot shuts off every ten minutes or so. 

Journeyman

Since I've been using the hotspot more, it's been failing, also.  It almost looks like an automatic setting to prevent being online while idle but when I'm idle, I'm not online.  I shut it off.

The hotspot wasn't very reliable in 2.2.2 but it's less stable now, even if it is faster.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat