cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone having problems with LG Optimus sending text messages,

Journeyman

Anyone having problems with LG Optimus sending text messages,

Anyone having problems with LG Optimus sending text messages, all by its self at start up. My phone sent every saved text.

Tags (4)
7 REPLIES
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Anyone having problems with LG Optimus sending text messages,

Google is working on a fix for some text messaging issues in Android -- stay tuned!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do you know when this will be fixed?  I switched back to my old phone until it is resolved because messages have been going to wrong people too frequently.

Journeyman

My phone is doing the exact same thing! It's extremely frustrating.  Is your still doing it?

Journeyman

Yes, it was still doing it so I switched to a different phone until they have an update to fix it.  I received an email from android code (?) and this is apparently a known issue.

Wizard

You switched to another phone?  If you did not have the $10 smartphone data fee before, you will now.  Once you activate your Optimus again, you will receive the monthly fee, even if you did not have it before.  I am being very careful to keep my Optimus activated for as long as possible, so I don't get the fee.

Journeyman

I am completely aware of the fee.  I would rather pay a small fee to switch to a phone I can rely on and not have my text messages going to random people!

Wizard

Yeah, that would be weird if my phone sent random text messages.  I suppose you made the decision that was right for you.  I happen to have a "rooted" phone, which allows me to block data for specific programs, like messaging, if something like that were to happen to my phone.  I'm glad that the Optimus has an "Open Device" policy that lets me have root access without voiding the warranty or Sprint terms.

Anyway, it looks like Will thinks it's a problem with Android, and not with the phone.  However, I have not experienced the problem, and you and I use the same operating system.  We have 3 Optimus phones on my plan, averaging 1300 text messages per month, and all of them go to the intended recipients.  One thing I know is consistent between the three phones is that we only send messages to Google contacts.  Do you type in the phone number or select a Google contact when messaging?