cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar and Contacts sync issues after Gingerbread update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Calendar and Contacts sync issues after Gingerbread update

Until this week, all had been running smoothly.  Now, out of the blue, my calendar and contacts will no longer sync with my online Gmail calendar and contacts.  My settings have not changed whatsoever.  The only way I can sync is if I delete "calendar storage data" and "contacts storage data", then sync again. 

What happened?  Is this related to my Gingerbread update, or is this a Google issue?

Note that so far, my Gmail is still syncing okay.

Thanks...

2 REPLIES 2
Master

Re: Calendar and Contacts sync issues after Gingerbread update

Have you checked under accounts and sync to see it the syncing is still enabled   menu>settings>accounts and sync> select the Google account see the calendar and contacts are selected.   If they are selected turn off auto sync and try to sync them manually

Journeyman

Re: Calendar and Contacts sync issues after Gingerbread update

I've done all that, and yes, syncing was still enabled.  I've stopped syncing, tried manual sync (didn't work).  Enabled syncing again.  Deleting the storage data is the only thing that works so far.  I'm going to search the LG support forums to see if there's anything over there. 

Will update if I find anything of value.

Thank you so much, by the way, for the very quick response.  Much appreciated.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat