cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar events one hour off after March 13th

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have an LG Optimus S. Every event in the calendar on or after March 13th is showing a time one hour earlier than it should. The events are showing properly on the Google Calendar website, it is only on the phone that they are wrong. What I have been able to determine is that the time zone information set in the phone is wrong. There is no option to manually adjust it and the information the phone recieves from the Sprint network is apparently wrong. I was able to adjust the time zone using a third party app (TimeZone Changer) and all of my events suddenly appear correctly. That is of course until my phone decides to resync the date & time with the Sprint network and everything gets messed up again. Is there any way to permanently fix this?

11 REPLIES 11
Master

I would say something has to do with the Daylight Saving Time change.DST Begins at 2 a.m.on 2011 March 13.

Journeyman

This is definitely because of daylight savings. But the root cause is the fact that the time zone information is not set correctly. Without the right timezone, the phone isn't handling daylight savings correctly.

Wizard

I can see you know it is a daylight savings time issue and have done well in figuring out that it was due to the time zone Sprint has you set in. If the issue has not yet resolved itself I would recommend calling customer care and ensureing they have your account set up properly and within the correct time zone. It may just have been a simple glitch but hopefully they can assist you on finding the answer to permanently fix the issue. You can reach Sprint by dialing *2 from your Sprint phone but be aware that if they feel you need transferred to technical support you will need to be on a different phone than the one that has the issue at present!

Hope this helps!

-Dana

Journeyman

Re: Calendar events one hour off after March 13th

So, here we are again and my phone still doesn't seem to be quite right. I'm pretty sure my phone is set to Mexico Central Time instead of US Central Time. Every event between Oct 30 and Nov 6 is showing up one hour off. This would be consistent with how Mexico's Central Time Zone works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Time_Zone_%28North_America%29#Central_Daylight_Time

Edit: been on the phone with Sprint for an hour now.

And I just got hung up on. Awesome.

Journeyman

I got up this morning and my phone had already fallen back an hour.  This is not supposed to occur until next Sunday, 11/6/2011.  Not sure if this is a Sprint issue or an issue with the Android OS on the Optimus S - will be interested in seeing how this is handled.  Surprised I am the first to post on this issue.  My wife's phone has done the same thing and she has the Optimus S as well.

Journeyman

Had the same issue  - but when I hit the settings button - it corrected itself.

Journeyman

I have the LG Optimus S, and I'm having the same issue - the time clock has fallen back and hour even though that is not to occur until next Sunday, November 6, 2011.  I am going to call Sprint customer care for help.

Journeyman

I hit the settings button, but that didn't work for me.  Then my daughter updated the software on the phone, and the time issue corrected itself.  Try that.

Journeyman

I had the same problem this morning. I updated the PRL in the about phone section of the settings. It corrected itself, hope that helps.

Journeyman

This appears to have been a problem with Sprint initially.  Then they corrected the time which was being sent out.  I turned off the phone and turned it back on and this problem corrected itself when the phone retreived the date from the system.

Journeyman

Both my wife's and my phone were an hour off this morning. My corrected itself at about 10:30am and my wife's required a reboot before it would correct itself.

I spent 2.5 hours on the phone with Sprint customer service earlier this week trying to get these time/calendar issues resolved and got nothing accomplished. They would not accept that there was a problem and insisted that it was only my phone as they "had no record of anyone else having issues".

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat