cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call volume too loud, but volume turned as low as it can get

Journeyman

I've noticed recently that when I'm on a call, the volume of the caller is way too loud.  My phone is not on the speaker phone option and when I attempt to turn down the call volume, I see that it is already set at the lowest volume.  I've tried powering off the phone, but when it reboots, the problem does not resolve itself.  I've also tried looking through the settings menu to see if there's another place within the phone that somehow the settings were changed, but can't find any other options.  Has anyone else experienced this issue? 

I can't seem to pinpoint when it began, but am wondering if it had anything to do with recent updates downloaded to the phone.

Any help would be much appreciated as I'm literally having to hold the phone away from my face when I'm listening, then bring the phone back to my face in order to talk to the caller.  

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman esg
Journeyman

I've been having this same problem for several months.  The in-call volume is so loud it hurts my ears when the other person talks, even though I have the volume turned all the way down.  On the other hand, when I listen to my voicemail, the volume is so quiet that I can barely hear even when I turn the volume all the way up.  I have checked the call volume in my settings, and I reguarly power cycle my phone.  It doesn't matter whether the phone is silenced or not.

I've started using my Bluetooth for most calls, which allows me to adjust to a more reasonable volume, but that's hardly a permanent solution.

Journeyman

Re: Call volume too loud, but volume turned as low as it can get

The volume problem in the LG Optimus S is due to the last update of the Android software (to version "Gingebread") that everyone is complaining about. The volume is very loud when I answer a call. What works (for me) is to first hit the up-volume key; then the down-volume works! Unfortunately, you have to do this every time you get a call.

We have been waiting a VERY long time for LG/Sprint to issue an update to fix the large number of problems they introduced with the last update (such as the SD card randomly uninstalling itself; the voicemail upgrade failing - saying there is not enough memory, even though there is plenty; and other problems and regressions).

Sprint Product Ambassador

Not the optimal answer here but take your phone into a one of our Service and Repair techs at a Sprint retail location and request to have your phone reverted back to the FroYo Android software.  (software version LS670ZVD) LG is diligently working on the issue but still in progress so in the short term this will resolve the volume issue until they can get Gingerbread working appropriately.  

Master

Sprint/LG have made Froyo available to download and install yourself without having to vist a Sprint repair center. You can do it from here -

http://shop2.sprint.com/en/software_downloads/pda_smartphone/lg_optimus_s.shtml

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat