cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls going right to voicemail

Journeyman

My voicemail notification rings saying I have voicemail but the phone didn't even ring.  The call went right to voicemail.  Anyone else having this problem.  It has been going on for about a week.  Our cell phones are our only phones and my husband is on call.  So this is not a good thing that we are not getting all our calls.

6 REPLIES 6
Master

I am sorry you are having this problem.  There are several things that can cause it.  Have you tried the basic things like remove/replace battery, putting your phone on SPRINT only instead of automatic which allows it to roam, or even a reset?  If you could provide the type of phone and a zip code, I will check your location for any network related problems and try to find more steps to fix this.  Thank you!

-John

Journeyman

We both have the LG Optimus S and we are both having the problem.  Our zip is 80016.

Master

I am showing:

There are no Open Events for ZipCode 80016 in the last 7 days

So I don't see any type of network problem at your location.  Can we try to put your phone into Sprint only instead of automatic.  Then we can see if your calls go straight to voicemail or if it will ring.  I believe you just go to home/menu/settings/call settings/system select/Sprint only.  Once it is locked onto Sprint, if there are bars...it should ring.  If not, I will see about putting in a network ticket at your address for network problems with receiving calls...especially since it is happening on both phones.

-John

Journeyman

I switched it to Sprint only, we'll see how it goes.  Thanks.

Journeyman

My husband ended up calling Sprint and they found out it is a tower having a problem in our area.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This has been happening to me too - on my LG Optimus... for several weeks.  I am unemployed and have had a potential employer say that they couldn't get hold of me.... I will give it a few more days but if not resolved will cancel my Sprint service.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat