Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant "Low on space" icon/message & now not gettng any text messages... Help

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello.

I've only had my phone since October 2011. The past couple of weeks the "Low on space" icon has been popping up more & more. I have deleted most of my apps, keep no messages saved, & remove the battery regularly. Even after checking my apps & what's running (then stopping/deleting/etc.), the icon only briefly disapears. It is now to the point that instead of getting a text message with the alert, an icon/ message, stating "incomming messages rejected due to full......"  because I have too many messages. Even though I know there are none, I check for messages & there aren't any. I do not have music on my phone & only one game (Tap fish) which saves to the SD card (8GB). Does anybody have any suggestions? I am pulling my hair out & cannot afford a new phone. PLEASE HELP!

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Master

Sorry for the inconvenience.  From a home screen, tap menu, settings, Applications.  Go to each application and verify that the cache is clear. After that if you're still getting error message, I would suggest you to back info to your SD card and reset the phone.let me know if you need steps to reset the phone.

Thanks

Abe

Master

All applications, text messages, emails, calls logs, etc. use up the same memory on the phone. So for instance if you have an email account setup to download emails ad never delete them, it can eat up your available memory quickly.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Birdz13-  I would run through the previous two suggestions but if that doesn't help it might simply be that your internal memory has gone south.  Are you able to download an application from the market?  I would run tests with other functions that require data support and see if any of them are able to save to the device.  If none works my theory might hold true in which I would take it to one of our Retail locations to see if they can test further and run through what options you have to fix/address. 

Journeyman

Re: Constant "Low on space" icon/message & now not gettng any text messages... Help

Hi,

I clear my call log after a call or two. When I could get e-mail, I rarely kept any. I did archieve some. Does this count? I always deleted text messages when done with a conversation. Now I just don't get any @ all.

Thanks for the info.

Journeyman

Hi Abe2020,

How do I "back info to" my "SD card"? The ony things on there are my pictures and 1 game. Nothing else even saves to the SD card. Tried to give myself more memory. Also, which phone reset? Aren't there 2 kinds? LOL  Guess I picked a great phone.

Thanks for the help. I'll check back for more info.

Master

Re: Constant "Low on space" icon/message & now not gettng any text messages... Help

birdz13- Your pictures, music and videos are already backed up on SD Card. For contacts Go to Contacts-Menu- Import/Export-Export contacts to SD Card.When you reset the phone,it will erase all info from the phone.

Other suggestion would is to check the size of the app's and messages.

Delete the apps by size-Menu>settings>applications>manage applications>menu>sort by size. This will give you a good idea if something is eating up the bulk of your internal memory. If you have anything about 10-20Mb, you should either try to clear the cache or uninstall that program to free up your memory.

If you have any mail providers on your phone other than Gmail, you should check the size limit. You can do this from your inbox: press menu>more>settings>send receive and making sure your mail size limit is set to 5-25KB. If your mail account was set to 'none' for the size limit I would suggest removing the account from your phone and adding it back on. Keep in mind, depending on the mail provider, doing this may prevent previous messages from downloading to the phone again.

Steps to reset LG Optimus using Hard keys

Hard reset on LG Optimus:

• 1. Turn the power off. If the Optimus is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
  • 2. Hold volume down, home, and “POWER” buttons until the reset screen appears
  • 3. Scroll down to wipe data/factory reset (using volume down) and press the menu key to select
  • 4. There will be a lot of no's, and one yes. Highlight yes and press menu.
  • 5. Phone will wipe all data and then come back to the reset screen with Reboot System Now highlighted, select it with the menu button
  • 6. Phone will reboot

Abe

Journeyman

You might want to also PERMANENTLY delete emails from the DELETED items folder, do the same for voice mail messages, and delete any SMS threads that aren't recent and especially messages that contain photos or videos (you can save the photos to your SD card before deleting the message or thread).

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat