cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting programs and low on space issues

Journeyman

Deleting programs and low on space issues

I constantly get the "low on space" message on my phone. I have deleted just about everything on my phone, updated the darn SD card and moved everything it will allow to the SD card, and still that darned this pops up all the time.

I also can not seem to delete certain programs. I can't seem to get rid of Gmail, it will not let me uninstall it. I can't get rid of Youtube, Google Calendar Sync, Google Partner setup, Google Search, Google Services Framework, Kickback, News & Weather, Pico TTS, Service Programu, SIM Toolkit, SoundBack, Sprint Zone, TTS Service, and other useless things I do not use. So many of these things seem to only let you "force stop" them and "clear data" only. They do not even let you move them over to the SD card to make room on the phone's memory.

I am at a loss. I am not speding any more money on this crap to buy a larger SD card and I have a few more months until I can get an iPhone. Can someone help me get some of this crud out of my phone so I can keep my sanity for the next few months?

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Deleting programs and low on space issues

I am having the SAME issues!!!  I just tried to update the apps that are already on my phone and suddenly there isn't enough space to complete the updates.  Now, I can't even send a text!!  It just keeps saying, low on space, delete some files.  What files??????????  So frustrated!

Journeyman

sprint is by far the WROST  company i have ever had... ive had 5...count it 5 of this same piece of crap optimus phone..they want to keep giving me the same one or a down grade... did you know that us cellular and other companies recalled this phone cause it was giving customers too many problems?/?

Once my contract is up with sprint in novemeber i'm running awy as fast as i can . i rather pay  more for better customer service,better phone and better network....

Highlighted
Journeyman

My phone was doing the same along with charging on its own without being on a charger and also telling me to recharge when battery was full, turning off on its own and then last week you could only get it to turn back on by plugging into charger for it to tell me to unplug it b/c battery was fully charged then finally I got a screen that read DANGER DANGER REBOOT RECOVERY SYSTEM!!! WATCH GUYS.... cause when that happens you will LOOSE everything in your phone and no way to recover it unless you try to back it up before it happens IF YOUR PHONE WILL LET U.

Sprint by far has the worst customer service I have EVER dealt with

Journeyman

Matt, the same thing happened to me Friday.   For the longest time I've been getting the "low on storage" message.  I figured it really was because I had a years worth of texts and pics on my phone.  Granted the pics were on my card.......which brings me to another issue.....on 2 seperate occasions the phone has deleted everything from my card and the top of my phone will say "damaged SD card"              The phone would not stay charged at all, as soon as I'd unplug it, it would die.   Friday I got the DANGER DANGER REBOOT RECOVERY SYSTEM message.   The phone would not let me do anything other than restore back to factory settings.  I lost everything because i never could back the stuff up to beging with.  So, instantly my work email and contacts were wiped out and I was on call for the weekend.  Beyond Frustrated!!!!     Now, everytime i try to make a call I get the "roaming guard" and I'm supposed to have free roaming anyhow, but I'm sure I'll end up getting an outrageous bill for roaming

Journeyman

I see you mentioned that other phone companies recalled this phone.  I am having the same problems as you and I am beyond frustrated.  Is there somewhere to find that recall?  I was told that if the phone has been recalled the service provider where you bought the phone has to give you a phone of equal or better value than the one that has been recalled.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat