cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS not working

Highlighted
Journeyman

GPS not working

I can not get my GPS on my LG Optimus to work. Everytime I try to use it, it just keeps saying "Locating GPS." It will let me see the turn by turn directions, but will not start the "Navigate" I am on the Gingerbread update, because I did not have a problem with my phone (except predictive text) so I did not revert back to Froyo. Could this be the problem? My GPS used to work fine in the past, even though it has been a while since I used it. I really don't want to revert back to froyo if I don't have to because I am worried about losing some of my data and having to spend hours reinstalling apps and contacts. I also heard some people have had issues after reverting. Can someone offer some possible causes and solutions? Thanks in advance for any help!

1 REPLY 1
Master

GPS not working

I hope some other users chip in but I am guessing this has to do with Gingerbread. Have you deleted cookies, cache and history in your browser? Also after doing that turn off GPS location and power your phone down. Turn it back on - let it register - then turn GPS back on. This is a way to toggle the program and may help.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat