cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gingerbread Update and Charging Issues

Journeyman

Yes - same exact issue with me.  It restarts itself when I try to shut it down, and will not charge with OEM charger.

Journeyman

EXACTLY the same issues I'm having. The guy I talked to at Sprint 9/20, named "Bryce", said my phone broke & go fix it. WHATEVER.

I REFUSE to pay for anything having to do with this update effing up my phone.

Journeyman

Mine seems to have been charging VERY slowly at one point, but no longer. It's been plugged in all day, got up to 76%.....and all night so far, down to 29%...Not once has it attained a full charge since the update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've also noticed aesthetic flaws since the Gingerbread 2.3 update, on  three LG Optimus S phones so far I've seen the indicators at the top of  the phone such as wireless signal, wifi, etc. change from green to  white and white to green. This color change happened 4 times within a  minute (doesn't happen before your eyes but when the screen goes black  and you turn it back on). It's not as bad as a charging port problem but  certaintly shows this update wasn't looked at very well.

I've noticed this change from green to white, but only when I've changed the sync settings to turn off background data syncing -- I do that to save battery life. When I have it set to sync background data, it's green. If I shut off that background data sync, those icons at the top turn white.

Still wanting to know about the SD card issue, that's my only gripe at this point...

Journeyman

Alright going into the Sprint store today 9/21 for them to look at my phone and it's charging issues.  One new thing is noticed is my phone actually did charge last night but only up to 80% and not a percent more.  The phone still charges off and on though at slow rates with no indication.   Also since I didn't have any kind of service warrenty just the one year manufacterors warrenty I chose to sign up for their insurance policy which just so happens to be in open enrollment at the moment.  Seems to be the best choice, a monthly fee of 8 dollars that you can cancel at any time over a 35 $ in store fee... We shall see.

Journeyman

Re: Gingerbread Update and Charging Issues

Thank you for the information regarding the charging issues posted earlier in this thread. Do anyone have any information on other issues that have appeared since the update such as:

My sprint signal is now near non-existent and I can't keep a roaming signal either to make calls.

I get messages saying: Data Roaming, additional charges apply, accept or decline.

My icons, widgets and shortcuts have disappeared in some cases or changed to some kind of generic android picture in others. (had to redo almost 75% of what I had)

The ability to use Voice to Text in text messaging is gone and if I try to use it it locks up the text entry line or locks up the whole phone.

I keep receiving the same two text messages over and over that my husband sent 4 hours ago from an non-LG phone.

If anyone goes to a Sprint service center and gets a fix there please let me know. My nearest service center is about 35 miles away, not someplace that I can just pop into during a lunch break

so I need to know if it is worth the trip and having to take off work to get there.

Journeyman

My charger no longer works either after I got the update.  Would taking the phone into a sprint store be more helpful than just calling in about it you think?

Journeyman

Just tried another reset (removing battery for 20 minutes) and I now seem to have my Voice to Text back but still no signs of charging via USB or access to USB card via laptop. Phone signal is still non-existent and still getting data roaming issues and now wi-fi signal is diminished where it was 100% prior to update.

Journeyman

After going into the store and paying a service fee for Sprint to look at my problem regarding the charging issues this morning the employees at the store say that indeed my phone has an issue with the charger and that this issue is related to the gingerbread 2.3 update.  They say that they are currently sending in a bunch of LG Optimus S phones to be worked on so that they can find the problem and fix it.  They say it will be a month or more till an update is found to fix these charging issues, and in the meantime I am to live with said charging issues until a new update is sent out.

Master

Try loading the usb driver update on your computer  this should reslove the usb connection problem   We have had somer reports that this allows charging as well.

http://www.lg.com/us/support/mc-support/mobile-phone-support.jsp

Journeyman

This seemed to FIX my USB charging via laptop and accesssing USB card by laptop:

Go to this link from your computer/laptop.

http://www.lg.com/us/support/mc-support/mobile-phone-support.jsp

Download/Reinstall the two files listed under the Sprint section of the above page.

LGALS670.zip and LG_USB_Drivers_All_4.9.7.zip.

My phone was hooked to my laptop via USB cord at the time and it immediately was recognized by my laptop for USB Card access and it immediately indicated on the top of my phone screen that it was being charged by the USB cord hooked to the laptop.

My Swype and Voice to text started working better after a reset of my phone (pulling out the battery for 10 minutes). Still haven't gotten my phone, data and roaming signal back to where it was but I am making progress. Hope this helps someone out there!

Journeyman

This doesn't require a trip to Sprint.  I was able to download an updated USB driver which appears to have corrected all my charging and USB storage issues.

The LG USB driver is available at

http://s3.amazonaws.com/lgforum.com/resources/assets/534/original/LGLS670.zip?1292363411

We did some searching after Sprint came up with nothing last night, and found it ourselves, on the LG site.  This is just one of the mirrors where you can acquire the update, or you can search the LG site yourself.  Very best of luck.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat