cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HORRIBLE PHONE - Fine as a toy

Highlighted
Journeyman

HORRIBLE PHONE - Fine as a toy

This phone has horrible reception and drops calls or the people on the other end can't hear you.  The phone freezes up constantly and will black screen you.  Low memory message constantly and just chooses to hang on durning phone calls.  I HATE THIS PHONE and Sprint will do nothing about it

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Wizard

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the LG Optimus S. I actually happen to love the device (I'm not just saying that because I work for Sprint). If the memory is low in the device, that cause some issues. Is your memory card storage full? If not, you may want to move apps and any downloaded content to the memory card versus keeping it on the memory of the device.

Another good thing would be to make sure that you have a task killer, if you have too many applications running at one time, the device will freeze up and lag a bit. You should be able to download a "Task Killer" from the Android market. Let me know if you've already done this.

Regards,

William

SprintCares Social Media Team

Highlighted
Wizard

Yup, this is a pretty nice budget Android phone.  I have three of them on my plan, and they all work great.  I got mine in November, and I am pleased with my decision to go with the LG Optimus.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My first Android phone.... had a rooted TP2 for a long time.... this works just fine.  I am in an area with a strong Sprint signal and battery life is fine.  Only problem is keys are small, but so is phone.  I bought it on eBay for $42 to try out android and so far so good.  I guess i could get one of the bigger ones, but then a heavier brick to carry.....

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat