cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone else had issues since Google Play replaced the market app?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone else had issues since Google Play replaced the market app?

Ever since the Google Play replaced the Market app on my LG Optimus S my phone does not work properly. It keeps going to a black screen or getting stuck on a screen that just says "Android" Sometimes I can hold down the power button and it will get my phone working after a few seconds, but sometimes I have to turn it completely off or even take out the battery. It has also started unmounting or not reading the SD card. I really do not want to do a factory reset because I will lose all my info. HAs anyone else experienced similar problems and is there a possible fix?

4 REPLIES 4
Sprint Employee

Re: Has anyone else had issues since Google Play replaced the market app?

Hello JadeGirl, I haven't had anybody mention problems related to Play replacing Market, are you running 2.2 or 2.3?

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Im not sure. I took my phone into the store and they said that I should wipe my phone by doing a factory reset. I did that but it is still not working. The guy at the store said that he thought it was because I had the app Lookout and Weatherbug and they don't work together. I told him I had them both for 6 months and never had a problem before now. Anyway I did not download either of those apps this time and I am still getting the same problem. Any suggestions? I have the TEP insurance. If I need a new phone do they give me a refurbished one or a new one? Also would I still be able to get the purple optimus?

Sprint Employee

Hello JadeGirl, sorry for the delay in replying. To determine your currently installed software version from the home screen press menu > settings > about phone. the software version is likely ZVH or ZVD. If ZVH, you can reinstall the older version then reset to factory default, or wait for the new version VZJ which will be released thiis week. please let me know which version you have.

No longer working Community Response.
Wizard

No, I haven't had any trouble on the two Android devices I own. You might also try uninstalling the Google Play update(s). You can get to that by choosing Settings->Applications, and picking the Google Play entry. Uninstalling the updates won't hurt anything, and it might let the Google Play app fix whatever went wrong when the upgrade was applied.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat