cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with password

Go to solution

Help with password

Ok, so I put a password on my phone so my brother would stop trying to play with it. However, he's done something to it and now it won't even accept the password I gave it. I used the password lock, not the pattern or PIN one. I know on the pattern lock there is a "Forgot pattern?" button you can click to enter your google account info to unlock the phone. Is there a similiar way to do this with the password lock? If not, is there any other way I can unlock my phone without having to do a hard reset? Thanks for any info.

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Help with password

SilverMoonCat,

The only way to get back into your device would be to restore your device to default settings. Keep in mind that your password is case sensative. Try changing your first letter to an upper case letter, do a couple of different combinations. If that doesn't work, I would venture into a service and repair center before wiping. To locate a center, please visit www.sprint.com/storelocator.

Let me know how it works out.

William

SprintCares

Help with password

I went to the store, and they did a hard reset. I would have done it myself, but my mom told them to do it. I'm not too happy about the 45 minute wait, but I'll have to deal with it. Anyways, thank you for your help.

Wizard

Help with password

SilverMoonCat,

I'm sorry about the wait you had to experience, that's never fun. I am glad that you had the issue sorted out. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks for being our customer!

William

SprintCares

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat