cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I send a text message to email?

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do I send a text message to email?

I received a text message yesterday that I need to be able to copy to email so that I have a more lasting record of it.  I see a way to copy the text of the message and also to view the details of the message (time received, size, etc.) but I can't figure out how to paste the text anywhere.  I am using the standard Messaging app that came with the phone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Master

Re: How do I send a text message to email?

You can get one of several applications in the Android Market that will back up your SMS messages either to your Gmail address or to your storage card (and they keep the time stamp).  "SMS Backup & Restore" will save to the storage card, SMS Backup+ will save to your Gmail address...but you should also be able to just forward the SMS to an Email manually but it probably wont keep the time stamp information.

-John

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: How do I send a text message to email?

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I already tried forwarding the message to an email address but I get a message back that I am not able to forward to an email address on my account.  I will try one of the Android Market solutions you suggested.

Thanks.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat