cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much do I loathe thee LG? Let me count the ways...

Highlighted
Journeyman

For the past two months, the LG OptimusS has been a nightmare. Have not had it a year. Never dropped it. In fact, in 15 years , I have only had 4 phones and this is far and away is in a class all by itself in terms of reliability and functionality: I give it 1 out of 5. (because I assume the 911 feature works). It will not charge on either wall charger, or USB. The SD card is not recongnized at times. The phone, even if fully charged, turns off and will not turn back on unless I take the battery out. (now on battery number 2). The 1x to 3G service is randomly available. If per chance the stars are lined up and I am at home, I can catch calls on my home's wireless network. How very convenient. The kicker is I have 13 months to go before I can get another. Sprint has been the only wireless carrier I have ever used, and never have I experienced such a dissappointment. The entire family has this phone and 2 of them have been "replaced". The depths to which I hate this phone cannot be measured and I feel strongly that rather than ponying up the dough for a new phone that will last til my contract is up, it would be better to buy out my contract and move on. Not getting what was promised or what I am paying for. Warning: the company Sprint has contracted out to do it's repairs is yet another nightmare. Not reliable or even knowledgeable.

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Sprint Employee

Have you already reinstalled the android 2.2 software to try getting past those problems?

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Indeed I did. Also factory reset it ...twice. Today is a no 3G day. And a no hold a charge day. (replaced the charger 3 times)...recepticle is not damaged. Which means, to use it today, I have to keep it plugged into the wall charger...sit on the floor and use my home's wi-fi...Lovely I do hope it won't turn off while I am trying to retrieve my messages.

Journeyman

You know what....the 2.2 was reinstalled (back in September), but I see that the 2.3.3 was reinstalled at some point by Sprint . Without my permission. Geez.

Journeyman

The two that have been replaced were replaced within 3 months of owning them. I guess I should be pleased mine has lasted 11 months.

Sprint Employee

I apologize for the delay in response. I would reinstall 2.2, it's likely to resolve the problem charging you mention in the first post. as for charge not holding after device been fully charged, I would check that non used items be disabled, Limit pop/imap accounts' auto check frequency., remove task killers/security softwares from the market, please let me know if this helps.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Hello,

I took mine to the store 2x to get the android screen problem that has been an issue for more than enough people. The first time I took it in(about October), they reinstalled the 2.3 operating system. The second time I took it in, the guy told me that he HAD to replace the operating system with 2.2. Now that 2.2 is back on I get the worst battery discharge of all the phones I have ever had combined. I get maybe a day. When I look at the battery use screen, it tells me that the battery is using Cell Standby 75% and phone idle 24% and display 2%. I have turned off wi-fi, gps and all non-use accessories that I have placed on the phone. With 2.3 I got 2-3 days of battery strength. Ridiculous that I had to downgrade the operating system in the first place but when I do downgrade it gets shittier battery.than the 2.3. As you can see its not working with 2.2 on it either. I would prefer 2.3 back on as it seemed to work better with it on the device but the guy at the store said he couldn't put 2.3 back on it. Am I stuck with 2.2 or is there anyway I can upgrade to 2.3? Frustrated beyond belief. Help please?

Thanks.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat