cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not send picture messages

Journeyman

I can not send picture messages

I have an LG Optimus S. I have had it for almost 2 years, and I believe after my last update some months ago is when my picture messaging stopped working. When I try to send a pic message the pinwheel just keeps spinning and the pic never goes through. I read on some other forums that you can add a new VPN and it may help. Im not sure where to find any VPN's for sprint. Please help. Its sucks not being able to send my family pictures of my daughter.

7 REPLIES 7
Master

Re: I can not send picture messages

Sorry for the inconvenience. I would suggest you to turn off the WIFI and then update profile (from Home Screen navigate to Settings-> About Phone -> System Update-update profile). Try to send MMS. Other suggestion would be is to try alternate messaging apps can be located and acquired via the Market on your device. Most common apps are either ChompSMS or Handcent.

Let me know

Thanks

Abe

Journeyman

Hey Abe,

I don't even use my wifi, and I have updated my profile, and checked for system updates and everything seems to be fine. I have used handcent for about 3 years and it always worked fine. I tried sendin a picture using the default messaging, and still ended up with the same result. Resetting my phone back to factory settings seems to be the only option left, however that is not something I want to do because of certain texts I want to keep. lol (I'm a text hoarder). I personally hate this phone, but love the affordability of the service, and I wish I could get the most out of it.

Thanks for the help though

--P0CHA

Wizard

Wifi makes the Optimus so much better!  You should try it, it's much better than 3G.  I use wifi every chance I get.

Do you think it could be a memory issue?  Perhaps back up your text messages so you can delete them and try the MMS again.

Journeyman

You can save text messages with apps from the market. Search for SMS backup, you'll find plenty of apps. But first thing is a few questions: Are these pictures you took on that phone or some that you are forwarding? When you try to send the picture, does the phone automatically resize it or is that where you get stuck? Have you ever sent a picturemail before? Did you update to Android 2.3?

Go into Settings, SD and phone storage and check your internal memory. If its low, go into Settings, Applications, Manage Applications, On SD card and move every app you can over to the SD card to free up some space. If you see an app you downloaded but rarely use, delete it.

Journeyman

My Samsung Epic was having the same problem and I discovered the APN file seemed to be corrupted.  I copied a friends and installed it on my phone and it works fine again.

Journeyman

Hi - where does one fine an APN file? My Samsung Epic only sends about 1 out of every 10 pictures to my email - either they don't go through, or the pictures are totally corrupt (i.e. half missing, etc.). THis is hugely frustrating and I really can't depend on my phone camera to pull through for me    and this is an expensive phone!  any suggestions on how to fix the sending picture to email issue?

Thanks ~

Journeyman

Mine would never send picture mail or texts that included a picture. The app APN Manager will backup and restore the file to an APN directory on the SD card.  You can then view it or replace it for the Restore.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat