cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to assign different ringtones to different people in the contact list on this phone?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is it possible to assign different ringtones to different people in the contact list on this phone?

On my old clam phone I had different ringtones assigned for different people, so that I knew who was calling without looking at the phone, can I do that on this phone?  I have been messing with it and have not found an option for that.

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Go to the contact that you are trying to change hit the menu button and select options then you will be able to change the ringtone for that contact

Journeyman

Wow, that was simple, I am now officially embarrassed that I could not figure that out on my own.

Wizard

Glad to help 

Wizard

I use a program called Enhanced SMS & Caller ID made by Edward Kawas.  It speaks the name of the caller, which means that every contact has a "special ringtone."  It works great.  For a better voice, I use the Grace voice by SVOX.  Now I don't have to memorize which ringtones go with which contacts, my phone just speaks the names!

The same program will anounce text messages, emails, and calendar events.

Journeyman

yes.  select your contact to assign ringtone > options > ringtone > choose your ringtone > ok

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat