cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way my to make my phone STOP prompting for me to update to Gingerbread?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there any way my to make my phone STOP prompting for me to update to Gingerbread?

I already did the update, had problems, and just rolled back to Froyo.

And now the phone is incessantly asking me to update without giving me an option to say no, just as it did before.

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Re: Is there any way my to make my phone STOP prompting for me to update to Gingerbread?

Unfortunately not, this is not the same update as the previous Gingerbread update though, this one so far has had very positive feedback.

Click here to see the latest news on our Network Vision updates!

Journeyman

Re: Is there any way my to make my phone STOP prompting for me to update to Gingerbread?

Sprint said there would be a way to opt out of going through with the upgrade...that users would have a choice.  The incessant popup kind of conflicts with that information.  While I don't have to upgrade, I am annoyed by the popup.

And I find it funny that the upgrade has had "very positive feedback."  So far, from what I've seen on the forums, other people have had problems as well, and a lot of people really don't/didn't want to go through with this upgrade if they don't have to.  What I've also seen is very little feedback on this discussion forum, which I believe Sprint is mistaking for positive feedback.  Just because people aren't talking about it, it doesn't mean everyone is happy.  I'm sure there are plenty of people that have no problems but there are also plenty of people that are having problems and perhaps just aren't as vocal about it.

I would really like for there to be some way that this message can go away.  If I have to hack into the phone to do it, I will..but I would prefer a method developed by Sprint because this entire situation is annoying and frustrating.

Journeyman

When you are prompted to install the update, select the "more info" button (I think that is what it is called). It will take you to a new screen with some info and the option to install. Pull the battery out of the phone when on this screen. That's what I did and I haven't been bothered by the update since.

Journeyman

Slipshod...I tried it and so far, so good.

Thanks for the help!  Glad to know that since no one at Sprint can help, someone else can.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat