cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues after LG Optimus S Gingerbread Update

Highlighted
Journeyman

In addition to the things listed I keep seeing a low storage icon but I have plenty of space on my internal memory. Also the charge issue on my phone is a little different. It charges fine via the USB port on my computer when the phone is powered on or off. The wall adapter will not charge the phone when the phone is powered on. When I power down the phone and plug in the power adapter the phone flashes the LG logo and then goes into some strange blank screen state but the buttons are illuminated and the screen has a dim back light. It doesn't show if it's charging. When I unplug the power adapter from the phone it powers up automatically without pressing the power button. Strange....

Journeyman

I can't make a call without the volume being so loud I have to hold it away from my ear.  The volume is as low as it will go.  How do I fix this?  Would have been nice to have the option to upgrade. 

Journeyman

My wife and I have the same phone and she is not seeing any issues.  I on the other hand am very disappointed.  My phone will now only charge to 80% with the original charger (without indication).  Can not charge via usb (at work) or car charger.  My phone turns on by itself after I turn it off too.  It locks up from time to time and I have to reboot.  Just plain disappointed.

Wizard

For those of you experiencing issues with the volume being too loud, I'm trying to gather more information on this specific issue, when you're adjusting the volume does it actually change or does it appear to show it changing but not actually changing the volume. Could you try making it louder and does it actually increase the volume?

Journeyman

im also experiencing this problem.there will have to be some rebate for this major inconvience

Journeyman

Yea after this gingerbread update my Hotspot that I run off my LG Optimus, now called tethering, sucks ass.

I pay 30 bucks a month for the unlimited 3G internet usage which works better then any internet giving product on the market. The Hotspot that I use for online gaming, video streaming and downloads has been crippled by this update. Randomly will the Hotspot turn itself off and to make things worst it seems like the bandwidth that it gives out NOW is worst off then previously. The black borders that is now present is do able. I see a lot of morons bitching about that but get a pair of glasses.

Will there be a patch released anytime soon to fix this utterly stupendous problem?

(Lesson learned. Don't drop a patch or update unless it works right. I was perfectly fine with the previous patch, yet I can't manually go back to it. I'm sure theres been a few head scalping's this week XD .)

Journeyman

Re: Issues after LG Optimus S Gingerbread Update

Shane - On my phone, the volume does increase during a call when I adjust it, however, the lowest volume setting can be heard from several feet away.  That is when it's not on speaker.  This was not the case prior to the update. 

Journeyman

Thank you, dshoem01, for the information.

I am currently looking forward to (hopefully) a quick fix for the USB issue that won't involve installing a new driver on my computer to get it to recognize the phone, as I am stuck in an IT limbo-land. I can (and have successfully) installed the new driver on my home computer but cannot do so on my work computer, due to my corporate IT security policy. I am sure I am not alone in this predicament. My workaround for now is to carry my wall charger with me but, like I said, I look forward to hopefully not having to continue to do that. Please continue to keep us updated as permament fixes are identified! Much appreciated!

Journeyman

I am now without a phone because I have absolutely no way to charge it. Fun. The battery actually drained faster whil ethe USB was connected.

Journeyman

Re: Issues after LG Optimus S Gingerbread Update

Shane, on my phone I can adjust the volume up while on a call, and it will adjust back down, the problem is, that the lowest volume is just too loud. It sounds like someone screaming in your ear. I have to hold the phone about four inches away to be able to talk. It's interesting, that before the update, I couldn't get the volume up high enough for some calls. Ugh!

Journeyman

So my phone is now dead and whenever I go to charge it... the phone tries to start up. So the workaround is pretty much impossible... I used my phone for my job and I'm paid on a piece rate by each job. Is Sprint going to pay for me to use another carrier and then cancel until this is fixed or give me a reasonable alternative then paying for service I can't use? Please resolve this as I have had this service for about a month and am very dissapointed right now and honestly debating paying a cancelation fee. I even went to the Sprint store and they wouldn't even do anything except tell me "Sorry there's nothing we can do." Give me a new phone without updating it? Or a new contract price to switch to another phone? I'm very dissapointed in the way this is being handled and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Journeyman

My phone had the Gingerbread update pushed to it yesterday morning (9/21).  I was quite surprised and happy to see that I've got Gingerbread now!    However, in addition to the keyboard using only my contacts list as the source for predictive text (glad to know I'm not the only one!), I'm finding that my Google+ app is gone, and it's not even available in Android Market!  That one really has me stumped!  I am a Google+ fan, so this is definitely a disappointment.  Any clues as to why this has disappeared? 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat