cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues after LG Optimus S Gingerbread Update

Wizard

Re: Issues after LG Optimus S Gingerbread Update

Sorry RC1024, it was just communicated that it was suspended.  I've updated the original post for the update with that info. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

yeah, sorry, didnt see that. thanks for doing the dirty work.

Wizard

RC, I was about to quote the Update thread here where the title had been changed. It's only been up for a couple hours saying the update was suspended.

Sprint Employee

JonMcR & pna143, the update is still being created, I would not expect for it to take long, but I do not have an official time frame to give which has been announced to any of us.

No longer working Community Response.
Sprint Employee

Oops, sometimes you just can't read fast enough....my apologies.

No longer working Community Response.
Wizard

I won't go into detail, but let's just say that my 3 Optimus phones and I aren't worried about the update. In fact, I'm slightly enjoying my phones again, so you can guess what I might've done in order to achieve this hurdle..but I wish the best for those who aren't so technically advanced or privvy to the information.

Journeyman

Also having SD card issues, hate the new android keyboard, issues with voice data entry, hate the darker coloring on interface...please fix these issues ASAP! New customer and very unhappy! We should all be credited for these problems, since we expect to have good, fully-functional phones!

Journeyman

@MB613 - BRAVISSIMO!  I couldnt have stated my issues better because I amhaving exactly the same problems as you are!  Not to mention that we have 4 family members that have this phone and are all experiencing this nonsense. i am going to call Sprint anyway -- yes anyway --- because I really want to HEAR what they will say to me - I have been a customer in good standing since 2003..

Journeyman

RC1024, the problem seems to start after I've been on anywhere from a half hour to an hour.   Then, I might open up Scribefire to write a blog entry, and within a few minutes the hotspot turns itself off.  From that point on, it doesn't seem to matter how long I'm on, if I step away to get a glass of water, or anything, the hotspot deactivates.  For example, I was typing one of these comment fields, and when I went to post it, I was offline.

Journeyman

I am no longer a customer because of this update and the callous and rude way I was treated by the customer service representative who told me "it was not their problem." I'm back with Verizon. Rather have my hard earned cash go to a company that actually cares about their customers.

Journeyman

I have been a sprint customer for three years and this is just unbelievable.  I never could have imagined saying yes to an upgrade question on my phone would basically ruin its functionality.  I did figure out that "weatherbug" did not work properly after the upgrade and continually accessed the internet to update its information without success.  This drained my battery by 2pm every day.  Since I uninstalled weatherbug, the battery lasts all day again. But what a hassle to figure that out.  Also, the predictive text disappearance on the android keyboard is VERY frustrating.  The workaround is to switch to Swype.  There is a reason I don't use Swype and do not like having to be coached away from the android keyboard when that is what I prefer and am paying for.  This is just about as bad as Coke's idea to change their recipe.  Tell me where I can get Sprint "Classic"

Journeyman

rotzy. I would like for you to follow this link and read what I've posted. I'm sure it will help with some of your issues http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/341395#341395

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat