cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues after LG Optimus S Gingerbread Update

Journeyman

I finally gave in tonight and reverted to Froyo myself. All went fine with that, but now the Market isn't listing my phone - it only shows the one I returned back in March. What's up with that? I've been on hold with Sprint for 20 minutes and they're clueless.

Journeyman

I completely agree.  When the company is, admittedly, responsible for the problem, you would think they'd make an effort to resolve the issue any ways possible.  I figured the issue was due to the update, but I sent my phone out for "repairs" anyway, and it was sent back to me as "No problems found".  It wasn't until I cam across this thread that I got confirmation that it was, in fact, due to the supposed upgrade.  Sadly, I've only been with Sprint for a year.  I left T-Mobile because I had one issue after another with them, but I am second guessing whether I'll stay with Sprint after this.  It's very clear that they're only interested in the money they get from their customers, not whether the customer is happy or loyal.  I have a feeling the joke will be on them in the long run...

Journeyman

HAHAHAHA Major typo there. I typed it from my optimus and seems like autocorrect got the best of me lol.

Now someone said that going back to froyo isn't a true fix. Well actually its a true fix the reason being is the update wasn't issued by google or LG so since google or sprint didn't have an update that would fix the problems they were pretty much told my Google and LG to revert back and that was the only way to fix it. I can understand why some are having issues with customer service but to be honest you can get that with any cell phone carrier. When I was with AT&T I had bad customer service but I also had good, Same with Verizon, You get it with all of them but you still get some of the nicest ones ever.

Also someone said something about market isn't listing their phone. I might be able to help but I'm not even sure market does show your phone. I'm looking at the market app and don't see any place a phone would show.

Journeyman

Hi... I also went to my local Sprint store yesterday to have them downgrade my phone back from version  2.3 (LS670ZVH) to version 2.2 (LS670ZVD) and was told that Sprint has told them not to do that anymore and they will only do a reset.  Do I have any other options to get back to version 2.2?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Issues after LG Optimus S Gingerbread Update

Its actually very simple to do yourself.

At the very first post of this thread you will see some text that is red and it has a link in it to a post that will tell you how to do it yourself. Its very simple to do and I'm telling you now will give you the old functionality of your phone. I did it and my phone has been working great. I suggest you do it. Also the sprint store that told you that they weren' supposed to do it may not be a repair store. So give it a try.

Wizard

If you go to market.android.com and click on the wheel icon in the upper right-hand corner (for settings), you'll see a link that says "My Market Account"     

(https://market.android.com/account)

In that, when it loads, you see 2 tabs at the top of that page, just under the words "MY ACCOUNT". If you click on the "Settings" tab, you see a list of phone(s) that you've used with Android/associated with your Android log-in.

That's where they are referring.

To the person who said their phone isn't showing up..usually it doesn't show up instantly when you use a different phone, it can take up to 24 hours before a phone shows up in that list that has a different IMEI than the one you originally registered with Android account log-in.

Mikeyb89 wrote:

Its actually very simple to do yourself.

At the very first post of this thread you will see some text that is red and it has a link in it to a post that will tell you how to do it yourself. Its very simple to do and I'm telling you now will give you the old functionality of your phone. I did it and my phone has been working great. I suggest you do it. Also the sprint store that told you that they weren' supposed to do it may not be a repair store. So give it a try.

Journeyman

does spring know when their going to re release the fixed version of gingerbread i really liked the look of gingerbread the only reason i reverted back to the froyo was because my video quality was not 640x480 and the keyboard but i downloaded thickkeys from the market place and it works just like the old one did... but i am really looking forward to when they do work all the kinks out of the system

Journeyman

It has now been over 4 months since the flawed Gingerbread rom was released. I finally gave up on expecting a new software release to come "shortly." I flashed my phone back to Froyo and performed a factory reset. My GPS on my device is still not as consistent or accurate as before the Gingerbread update. Though, at least it doesn't show me in Denmark or Austria anymore as it did with the Gingerbread release (I live in Georgia). And now sometimes my phone will randomly reboot.

Would one of the Sprint reps please give us an update on the status of this issue? Is Sprint / LG still working on and planning to release a fixed Gingerbread release?

Journeyman

I contacted LG today and they admit the issue.

Gustavo: As far as I know the 2.3 update has shown glitches with the Optimus S. Currently, our techs are working together with android and the carrier to come out with a fix ASAP. Unfortunately I do not have an estimated time to when it will be available yet I am afraid.

ASAP? It's been since 7/11? In other words, no one is working on it. LG says it's not there problem, it's Sprints/Googles. As we can see here, they don't care.

His suggestion- downgrade

Journeyman

I bit the bullet and forked out $600 for my wife and I to leave these cruddy Optimus phones and bought nice (new) Photons on ebay and could not be happier.  I just cringe whenever someone adds to this post and I get an email - brings back bad memories!

Wizard

Re: Issues after LG Optimus S Gingerbread Update

David_R_in_GA,

We have not received any update lately as far as the status, just that it's still in testing. I think all parties involved are trying to avoid a repeat of the first attempt. Next time I speak with friend in device group I will see if I can get any new information and post it if so.

jmay266250,

Good to hear you're happy with the Photon! If you want to stop receiving the email notifications you can follow the steps in this blog and stop receiving them.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/customer-service/blog/2011/08/23/how-do-...

Journeyman

similar issues just cost me over $600 because when they deleted all my stuff at the repair center. i was told this was directly caused by a sprint upgrade. i am considering contacting an attorney as well. They are obviously aware of these issues and still offer their customers no solution. I would rather pay the extra to use a dif company but i dont feel i should be responsible for the cancellation fees or the purchases they erased from my phone. I will be checking the site u posted and best of luck to both of us!!!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat