cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues after LG Optimus S Gingerbread Update

Journeyman

Re: Issues after LG Optimus S Gingerbread Update

I am new to this. my LG Optimus downloaded a baseband update automatically and I thought it is official so I installed it. after this, I lost my international text messaging ability. I called sprint four times without any one knowing how to fix it and was told this baseband LS670MVJ_6150 and SW version LS670ZVJ are not supported by Sprint and this voids the warranty. is this an official sprint release? How can I downgrade to the previous version (I don't even know my previous version number). Thanks.

Journeyman

Back in September, I did like alot of other people did and accepted the auto update and it screwed my phone up pretty bad but I was able to revert back to FROYO without too much annoyance. Since then, my phone would lock upand I would have to power it off and back on, I heart radio would skip and stutter. Real annoying, but my previous phone was a Windows phone and I was used to this.....LOL

I, too, have been getting the annoying update reminders every hour(9:51, 10:51, etc) and thought that I would wait it out for a few days. I caved in tonight and accepted the update. Wow. It took about 5 or 10 minutes. The last update seemed like it took 30 to 45 minutes and then all hell broke loose with my phone. So far it seems that the Gingerbread update is working fine. My phone is alot faster. I didn't have to reload my contacts, apps or data.

I'm sure that there will be an update to this post tomorrow night. Stayed tuned

Sprint Employee

Hello imjc, If you will send me a private message I can look closer into this as it may be network related, or may have to do with your phones programming.

No longer working Community Response.
Sprint Employee

jmarkc1980, if you see unusually short battery life it may be related to problems in apps that were installed before the update, if you view what's been using the battery it may help you determine where the power is going. you may want to try powering phone off/on, if problem persists then clear or reinstall suspected apps. if you are still unable to determine the cause make sure unused features are off (GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi), temporarily disable auto sync for pop/imap email accounts & widgets, and try installing Juice defender to limit background data usage. these steps should help you get past your short battery life if your phone has ZVJ.

Journeyman

Maybe about a week ago, I updated my LG Optimus LS670 from 2.2 to 2.3.3.  OnTouch events seem to be handled differently, or system timing is handled differently.  It has to be one of the two.  I have an app which spins a wheel, and it's no longer functional on my personal phone.  All the other phones I've tested it on work fine.  When my phone was 2.2, it worked fine.  Something to do with this specific phone and the upgrade to 2.3.3 is really messed up.  I'd prefer to have a newer version of the OS, but not if it means my apps no longer work.

It seems like the momentum of the wheel isn't continuing on because the OnTouch release isn't being counted, or the time between OnTouch and the Release isn't either.  I haven't run my app through the debugger since the update, so I apologize for my "guesses", but I was hoping there would be a known issue and, even more hoping, that there's a fix.

Sprint Employee

Hello bdchis, does your software version show as ZVH, or ZVJ? These are both versions of 2.3, but have many differences.

Journeyman

It's SW version ZVJ...sorry, I forgot to mention that.

Sprint Employee

There's no harm in that. Which application are you having trouble with? Have you already reinstalled the App?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I reinstalled the app with no improvements.  It was targeted for 2.2 and I did test it on multiple 2.3.* phones and 3.* tablets and they worked and still work.  Something about my specific phone going from 2.2 to 2.3.3 is causing issues.  The app is called "Decision Maker" and it's by dudepants (me).  If you download it on an optimus that was recently upgraded, you'll see that the wheel doesn't seem to keep going once you lift off, where it did before, and still does on other phones and tablets.  Also, if you install this on multiple phones, be sure to rate it 5 stars, as that helps with debugging...   OK, just kidding about that last part, but it'd be cool if you installed it on a similar or identical phone to see the issue I'm talking about...any other phone will show you the desired results.

Sprint Employee

I see what you are saying, you do have to swipe it just right for it to continue spinning. I wish I could tell you why but I'm not a software developer, I usually get it to continue spinning if I use my finger as if I were dialing on a rotary phone. I wish I coule be more helpeful in this, and i will send this in for review to see if I may be able to help in some way.

Journeyman

Although the lack of posts leads me to think the ZVJ update has had positive effects, I would like to know if that's the case.  Is the new ZVJ update worth applying? I have been waiting to apply it until people chime in.

Journeyman

I've had the ZVJ upgrade for about ten days, now, and all seems to be okay.  Certainly, none of the nightmare issues that I had last fall.  My battery life is fine, but I'm still holding my breath, waiting for the shoe to drop.  Thus far though, no complaints.  I'll post again if that changes over time.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat