Did you mean: 

Issues after LG Optimus S Gingerbread Update

Journeyman

Re: Issues after LG Optimus S Gingerbread Update

I sent the following to Editor of AndriodGuys:

LG.jpg

Journeyman

Sprint ie SPRINT can not do anything. LG is the problem. Gingerbread should never have happened. Shut LG down - off the market I mean everything LG.

Journeyman

I keep trying to get on the link for updating drivers but it just takes me to a blank page with little gray dots circling around. How does it fix anything if you can't get to it!!!!!!! This workaround doesn't fix my 2011 car not connecting to my MP3 player anymore!!!!! I am getting ready to go on a 5 hour car trip and now I can't access my music.

Journeyman

I HATE the new color scheme! The green icons and black menus are absolutely horrible. We should be able to decide if we want the colors of the menus and icons to change or not. Also the new Android keyboard is ridiculous to use, it forces me to use swipe when I do not like to use it. The Fixes need to come quick!

Journeyman

Yeah, we're all there.  No charge, freaky screen, yadda yadda.  Have you tried to reset? It helped with the high level stuff, but the battery charge and other admin issues are still goofy.  Just see my post at the top of page 13.  Back everything up, OK? 

Journeyman

Soccer Stud,

Yeah the new color scheme is sub-par, I wish the there was a way to easily change them. You are correct the swipe is not a superlative alternative to the android keyboard. I am about to be banned so hang with my mono tone banter.  I think there is a gingerbread specific keyboard available for download, you may want to try that.

Journeyman

They don't seem to care about making their customers feel satisfied. One agent actually told me that Sprint does not have an obligation to provide us with a working phone!!!! They provide us a phone as a "courtesy."

I think that giving all of the customers who are going through this nightmare another phone (NOT A DOWNGRADE, AN UPGRADE) at no cost to them would be a small price to pay to make them happy with Sprint. In my business we like to keep our customers happy because we appreciate and thrive on their repeat business and their referals!

Sprint Employee

Butterflytat, The drivers that we have linked to are for a PC running windows, for your car you may need to wait for the software update to correct the USB identification to use standard mass storage profile over USB, there may not be anything that you can do to work around this. although if your car has bluetooth, and supports A2DP then you can play music over bluetooth

No longer working Community Response.
Sprint Employee

Yosemite_Sam, if you like the stock keyboard, but are missing the word prediction you can download user dictionary manager from the market, and import a word list from the developer's website, us can also use UDM to manually edit your wordlist.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

By the looks of things you really don't need to investigate the volume issue much further than reading the blogs here! I had issues with the predictive text but was told to download another sms/mms service like Handcent...yeah it works, however there were conflicts with the android messenger and so far..my main complaint is the shear volume of my incoming calls!...I don't even need speaker phone...if just that problem is addressed I'd be happy! I'm getting used to Handcent (even though android messenger was fine before and the fact that I shouldn't have to download an aftermarket software to cure a firmware issue)..as far as the color change, I found some great Hulk and She-Hulk wallpapers to fit the theme nicely (just sayin').

Journeyman

The only thing the factory reset got me was having to reload apps (which is obviously to be expected, not complaining about that) and left me with all the same bugs the update cursed me with, didn't help with anything.

Journeyman

I am having many of the same issues noted by others, but in addition I am also having difficulty accessing the keypad while I'm on a call (necessary in order to "dial 1 for English" and other such commands).

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat