Issues after LG Optimus S Gingerbread Update

Highlighted
Journeyman

I figured it out, kinda feel dumb now lol

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Issues after LG Optimus S Gingerbread Update

Okay Glad you go it to work. I was in the middle of reply when I hit reply and your message came up right when I did and I was like woah got to edit. LOL. Glad your figuring out your phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Around febuary, less then two months after I got my first LG Optimus I had to return it to get a new one. The battery would drain, the phone would start and restart on its own several times and I couldnt get it to charge for anything. I went through tree phones with the same exact problem and finally got one that worked. Now with this new update its starting all over again. My husband has the same phone as well and he seemed to have problems from the get go of the update. The only things I noticed was when talking to someone on the phone the volume was crazy loud, and my internet services wont work without a wireless connection. No 3g, no 1g, nothing. Tonight I was talking to my mother and the volume increased and almost immediatley my phone went dead and will not turn back on whatsoever. My husbands has not been charging with the wall charger, but after installing the driver as indicated above he can charge via his computer. This is absolutely ridiculous!!  Since I had problems before I am seriously considering ditching sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have all these problem how soon to a fix cant we just revert to the old software? some how?

Highlighted
Journeyman

susanlsky wrote:

I was unable to install the LG Driver per your instructions.  After two days of trying to install the driver, I went to the following page on the LG site: 

http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/mobile-support/mobile-lg-mobile-phone-support.jsp?displayModelCod...

I clicked "LG Andoid Driver" and it actually installed the driver!  My computer now recognizes my phone.  So one problem solved.

Thank you!  After hours of frustration, I came across your post.  It appears that this has solved my problem!  Note to others, I had to do this with my phone not connected to my computer (having the issues of it looping itself on and off).  When the download was complete to my computer, I then connected phone to my computer, fists clenched and scared to breathe...but it WORKED!!!  Yes!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I should also note, this has fixed the problem of connecting to my computer and charging.  Not sure if this fixes other issues.  Only did this fix moments ago.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Untitled.jpg

Please click this to enlarge, the site messed up and logged me out, and I did not want to retype it all.

Message was edited by: JakeM12

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well stated!

Highlighted
Journeyman

What about the hotspot constantly shutting down?  It's really annoying to be in the middle of somethng and find the connection simply stopped.

Highlighted
Journeyman

they have us all caught in a web, since we are under contracts which cannot be broken without paying to get out of them...we are in it until they fix the problem!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm so upset over this..Ive been without a phone for 4 days..No one will help me..Countless hours on phone, i even went into a repair shop and they told me there nothing they can do, just wait for the new update which can be any where from 2 weeks to 3 months.Well my phone is completly dead becuase it will not charge and when i turn it off and charge it,(like they told me) It still is not working it acts crazy it just turns off then on again. No one will help me,, how can i know if theres a new update if i cant even turn phone on, this is crazy..I know have a old very old phone I borrowed so I can at least make calls on it...I need HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I really like sprints prices and phone choice, and Ive had great experience with their customer service.

However, I got my bro and sis an Optimus S each, and with 2.3 both phones are nearly unsuable. Really Sprint and LG? They really need a hard button to different Sprint pre-loaded theme crap that HAS NEVER BEEN USED? They really need to install new drivers? 2.3 CAME OUT A YEAR AGO!!

My Galaxy Epic is still on 2.2, which is buggy as crap and worse than 2.1, and I bet I'll never see 2.3 on it (which might be a good thing, after reading these threads). Really? I bought the most expensive phone u guys have ever sold, got locked into a 2 year contract with 4g that isn't available where i live, and I can't get a YEAR OLD UPDATE.

Future Sprint customers: Get the Nexus. I did for my mom and its the only phone on my plan that works. It just works. No crap to slow it down, no bugs, no crappy Sprint NASCAR, and it has 2.3 and should be updated immediately to ice cream sandwich. Thanks Sprint for forcing me to root my phone.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat