cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues after LG Optimus S Gingerbread Update

Journeyman

Anyone know if a fix for my now-hypersensitive touch screen is in the works?  Anyone else having this issue after the update?  Texting is now a pain in the ass, especially using Swype.  Argh!

Journeyman

Re: Issues after LG Optimus S Gingerbread Update

I was also treated rudely by a sprint rep who even lied when I asked for his name. It's now suppposedly under investigation.

Journeyman

Any update on when a fix will be available?

Could Sprint roll back the Gingerbread update and make the previous version 2.2 available so people could use their phones until a fix is rolled out?

Journeyman

In addition to the many of the problems stated with the update, any media application I use to play music quits playing after 30 minutes or so and will not start again until the phone is reset.

Wizard

DoubtOn,

If you're able to please take your phone into a service & repair location, we need more examples of these volume issues where the volume level is too high.

Journeyman

I am also having problems with the media playing only a short amount of time. Mine is not letting me go even a minute before it stops. I don't know if a reset will fix it because I am tired of having to reset my phone back to factory settings.

Journeyman

Incidentally, I know many people don't like the idea of downloading another keyboard to work around the predictive text issue. However, if and when an update-to-fix-the-update is released I will continue to use the THICKbutton keyboard I have spoken of in earlier posts. Along with the predictive text, it also gives you predictive buttons by enlarging the buttons that are commonly used after the letter you have just input.  Sometimes that does call for quite a few enlarged buttons, but I'll take it any day over the "old" way.  The only thing you have to do after its downloaded is tap on the icon (widget?) and make 1 or 2 more taps and you have made THICKbutton your default keyboard. Try it, you may like it!

Journeyman

Is there a way to reload the older firmware back onto the phone? It was a lot better firmware than than the newer update? THat way all our problems go away till the updted version is repaired. Seams like a better idea than have all this hate on Sprint, LG, and Android.

Journeyman

Yes, I'd like to roll back the firmware, too. Is this possible?

Wizard

Firmware is firmware. The Android OS (phone specific Froyo, Gingerbread, etc.) is the OS. They are two separate things.

This LG issue seems like a nightmare but it's unclear from reading some of the posts if the issues stem from a firmware only update, Android only update, or a combination of the two.  Anyone trying to understand so they can help needs accurate info. to start with.

(Not an LG owner, but have gotten to know Andriod phones fairly well). These workarounds although not a permanent fix, may have already been mentioned, but in case it helps:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/09/25/experiencing-issues-after-updating-your-sprint-lg-optimus-s-...

Journeyman

Has anyone had trouble with their Bluetooth since the update?

If I use Bluetooth my phone locks up and I have to restart it twice to get back to normal.

I have all the other issues also. Battery life, Charging, Predictive text…

And since I can’t use Bluetooth I have to use a headset that I can’t turn the volume down.

I did the factory reset and it didn't fix any of the problems.

Journeyman

Well I did the factory reset and the only issue that resolved was the fixing the volume control issue.

Battery charging is still stuffed.

SD card still mounts, dismounts, mounts whenever it wants.

Not much of a fix.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat